Recent content by c69k

1. C

Review and Measurements of iFi Ear Buddy (and iEMatch)

Hi, please can you help me with this? I have 16 Ohm Sony EX800ST IEMs which can take recommended max. 500mW. I use Monoprice Monolyth THX portable with them and its output (3.5 unbalanced) is I am aiming to turn my 16 Ohm IEMs to 32 Ohm, obviously because of the extra power. What are my...
  2. C

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Portable Amp and DAC with THX

Hi, I have Topping NX4 DSD and Monolith THX AAA Portable. Have been using NX4 DSD for 6 months, but after extensive reading about Monolith I bought it, and keep NX4 DSD as spare. I like deep bass a lot (drill rap mostly these days), but I prefer detailed, cold and analytical bass and sub-bass...
  3. C

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Hi, I hope this helps someone wanting to have more hours out of NX4 DSD on the go. The DAC + AMP battery runtime is about 7-8 hours on my NX4 DSD (2 months old). I have bought a 9000mW power bank ElephantStory (very small and with built in cables, %charge display, from Amazon.nl) for 26 EUR...
  4. C

I have Sony IEMs rated at max. input of 500 mW at 16 Ohm. NX4 DSD has output 293mW max. at 32 Ohm. Do you know what max. output NX4 DSD gives at 16 Ohm?
  5. C

Re. post above ... I had disconnections with Fiio CL06 cable while riding skateboard through Amsterdam last night and this morning. Pretty annoying. Got home, looked more closely, and, when inserted, the plastic connector part holding micro USB male does not sit flush with the metal body of NX4...
  6. C

Yes, I still find both stock and Fiio CL06 cables having very stiff cable. Stock having very cheap Micro USB connector on top of it. For now, Fioo CL06 cable plays perfect, because I am inside, but as soon as I get out to temperatures 0-5C the true quality (of connection stability) will show up...
  7. C

What a great forum !!!! I just received cable FiiO CL06 - OTG Kabel - USB-C to Micro-USB from Amazon.de for 15 eur. Took full 11 days to receive. The stock NX4 DSD cable started already showing naked wires after 2 weeks of usage (its cold in Amsterdam at night) and connection was dropping out...
Top Bottom