Recent content by C. Cook

1. C. Cook

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

I should try a proxy/VPN. Wouldn't surprise me if my traffic was being routed through a few NSA servers. LOL
  2. C. Cook

Yeah it is weird. I getthe same error no matter which of the links I try.
  3. C. Cook

4349 measurements link isn't working for me.
  4. C. Cook

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

Your electronics have already been designed to address any of those things for most residential and even professional/industrial applications. Save your money. McIntosh wouldn't skimp on cables anyway.
  5. C. Cook

Interesting about the 8khz. I hadn't noticed but I'll try your EQ "fix" and see if it makes any difference. Do you set the 'trim' controls on the front baffle to anything other than 0?
  6. C. Cook

I was lucky enough to buy the even stouter Deer Creek welded metal stands before they stopped making or selling them.
  7. C. Cook

My experience too. A lot to do with super low distortion, especially bass and mid-bass.
  8. C. Cook

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Pretty sure Paul said the exact same thing every time a previous free, revolutionary firmware "upgrade" came out. Best improvement in audio he's heard in 50 years! LOL I wish my hearing was as good and discerning as Paul's, and I'm probably 20+ years younger.
  9. C. Cook

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

Came up earlier in the thread, but yes, I also have a good "phantom center" effect in my living room with two JBL 4349s for L/R toed in slightly and angled up according to whatever the native slope is on the stands I bought for them from Deer Creek, back when they were still selling them. Had...
  10. C. Cook

I actually don't even use a center channel speaker at all for most movies. Seems to work great with the 4349s on either side, TV speakers off, and no sub needed. I guess in typical "surround" situations maybe the center does do a lot of the work.
  11. C. Cook

How bad really is the 520c and since it's only usually used for center channel dialog and whatever background noise and music make it to the center, is it really a big deal?
  12. C. Cook

Oppo BDP-93 - Free to a good home. I just need shipping paid.

Yeah it's a nice player, but frankly in terms of operation it's pretty clunky (by design I guess). Also since I don't have a use for it in my living room, the fact that a lot of the functionality is only visible via the on-screen display (to a TV), makes it too difficult to use in my office.
  13. C. Cook

Oppo BDP-93 - Free to a good home. I just need shipping paid.

I couldn't delete the thread, but I've received enough messages such that I'm going through them in order. If it falls through, I'll edit this again, but for now the Oppo is considered taken.
Top Bottom