Recent content by buttlep

1. B

CD Transport/DAC issues - Audiolab 9000CDT

Hello, I'm having a CD transport/DAC problem and I'm not sure what to do. I recently bought an Audiolab 9000CDT. Out of the box I was very happy with this sturdy unit and its tray loading mechanism. When I powered it up out of standby the next day I had an issue with having crackling and...
  2. B

Cyrus CDi player not outputting 16 bit data to Benchmark DAC3

The 6000CDT turned up. The 16 bit indicator lights up. And the sound is very similar if not the same as what was coming out of my MacBook... No signs of scratches yet.
  3. B

I have a PSX-R2 connected. It made a worryingly big difference to the sound when I was using the analogue outputs. I'm inclined to agree with you about it not being quite right. Which is why I decided to just buy something else and see what happens. I can't see the Benchmark DAC being at fault...
  4. B

I've been fiddling. I've now used dBPoweramp to rip most of my CD collection to FLAC. I have been trying out listening to the FLAC rips using Audirvana. Outputting through my MacBook using a printer cable with an apple USB adapter. I'm pretty sure I have my MacBook/Audirvana setup in such a...
  5. B

DVDdoug thanks for the reply. The Benchmark DAC is a fairly simple device in use. It takes in standard inputs SPDIF coaxial/Toslink and USB and turns them into an analogue output. No decoding of file formats or anything. I got a response from Cyrus. They just said that CDs are 16 bit and that...
  6. B

Hi, Following some help on this forum I purchased a Benchmark LA4 and DAC3B. When I use the digital output (coaxial or optical) of my Cyrus CDi the Benchmark DAC has no led indicators lit for the bit depth. According to Benchmark this means that the input its getting is below 16 bits. I...
  7. B

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

John, many thanks for this response. I wasn’t expecting it from the designer.
  8. B

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

It is my understanding that the HPA4/LA4 are designed to use ‘professional’ balanced XLR voltages but appears to handle ‘consumer’ balanced XLR levels and RCA. Benchmark are very clear that using components that use professional level voltages will result in the best performance. I’m wondering...
Top Bottom