Recent content by BurntheHeadPhoneKid

1. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

Holy shit I came back after a year and you freaking did it!
  2. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

My time with the Aune S7 Pro

Zeos posted the review of my amp, so I wanted to post the video. I also wanted to comment on the 789 vs the S7 pro, I love both. Besides all the hype, the 789 truly is nothingness on a wire. It's single ended power has no comprises, unlike the S7. I definitely learned something about...
  3. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Passive stereo XLR A/B switch

I'm sorry, brand new and this seems exactly what I want. I would like to be able to switch dacs and amps at will with out unplugging. I know adding anything into the signal path will effect it. How big of effect is this? Can it be fixed in the switch?
  4. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Passive stereo XLR A/B switch

How is that working out? I would like something like this
  5. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

My time with the Aune S7 Pro

I am by no means an expert, I'm just a music lover like you. I have about 20 years experience playing guitar and spent my early 20s working live concerts and Guitar Center during the day. I love the sound of a guitar amp, specifically a live guitar amp over driven pushing a cabinet of speakers...
  6. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

WTB: Massdrop THX AAA 789 [closed]

Massdrop posted in the comment 8 days ago that it will restock in 1-2 weeks
  7. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

Bring the THX 888 to the people!!! The community is in love with the 789. Its cost (349$USD) and its performance have made it the giant killer of the year. Its lack of noise paired with your amazing D1 decoder is quickly becoming the benchmark of the headphone community. There's a problem, the...
  8. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Review and Measurements of Schiit WYRD USB Filter

This F#%&!@G kills me! I actually bought the Schiit stack. The customer service is every bit as amazing and quick as people post about. This damn stack...not only is it different tones but the brushing was DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS! The Modi was vertical and the Magni was horizontal..and the knob was...
  9. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Hahahah true its 99$. There's alot of solid dacs at 99$, the damn Modi maybe. Wow okay I'm with you now. This kinda seems like a snake oil product now...
  10. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Yeah..that's just silly. When ever I read about people having the "First time running windows on a ssd" type of moments with HIFI, just doesn't ever seem genuine.
  11. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Well put. Wasn't aware of there other marketing. The other thing they claim is solving driver issues. There site " The Cure for Noise and Glitches Have you ever heard strange noises from your USB DAC? Or have you had it “drop out” after the computer goes to sleep? Or does your computer have...
  12. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

I'm lost. On Schiit's site it says " Improves Sound, Color Printing, Data Stability Yes. Some listeners say Wyrd improves the sound of their system. We won't make any such claim to sonic nirvana—sorry, creating expectation bias and neuro-lingustic programming ain't something that we do. Sonic...
  13. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Darkvoice 337

I do want to clarify something. When it acts up, it really acts up. When it's done with its tantrums... wow amazing. I have a background in guitar gear so I would say, it's the JCM800 of headphone amps. Kinda the base standard of "good" tube amps. Not the best but cheap and real representation...
  14. BurntheHeadPhoneKid

Darkvoice 337

Noise box of powerful fun. I haven't rolled the tubes so I'm still having noise issues. It has been posted other place but, there's a 1 in 5 chance the stock tubes are not awful. I got lucky. I would say the tubes have issues but they seem to go dead quiet after like an hour or so. Once they do...
Top Bottom