Recent content by bungle

1. B

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

Flex HTx uses HDMI mapping on both I think. Not an issue, but a decision I think.
  2. B

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

Take for example Genelec 8351B. It receives quite nice reviews. Its DAC (AKM AK4621EF) is nothing to write home about, and it does ADC on analog in and internal processing is 96kHz/24bit PCM (AFAIK). I guess that speaker is totally useless with upsampling DSD audiophiles.
  3. B

It does the same work by using more energy.
  4. B

Nobody is offended/offending, perhaps you just feel someone is. Or perhaps everyone is offended/offending. If DSD was the mainstream way, people would run hqplayers and turn everything to PCM. And I guess it may likely be the same people that currently turn PCM to DSD. Don’t take this as...
  5. B

Image/video upsampling I kinda understand as that usually works the best when algorithm or AI or whatever tries to fill in ”missing” pieces (aka modify the original). But with audio upsampling, people usually emphasise that the idea is not to modify the original. So it does not seem to add...
  6. B

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

And MiniDSP has them both (and more).
  7. B

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Except perhaps more distortion, depending of course your mains capabilities (while they can do 30Hz, how good are they at it?)
  8. B

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Would't it be better to low-pass the the LFE (say 120 Hz) in BM and only route BM to LFE in channel routing. As then you can do for other channels the -10db (to get LFE to match the other channels volume - as it usually comes with -10db on input, of course if it doesn't then ignore this comment).
  9. B

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I think it does, as otherwise you cannot remove Dirac's +10db correction, not sure if it is possible somehow, but at least I don't know how, or have dived deeper. You can perhaps load the setting and remove the "adjust volume and delay", but it is probably easiest to just run it again, i know...
  10. B

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Before running Dirac you need to set LFE -10db in output settings. After Dirac you should return it to 0. Can you show your BM screen?
  11. B

I've seen the light!

And even ADCs. But unfortunately we still need confirmations whether the implementation is done right. Some Chinese/Hongkong brands seem to get things consistently right on different products. And pro-audio like RME. With others it seems still like a play of dice.
  12. B

Gain setup on active monitors

I usually reduce gain a bit so that speakers don’t hiss without signal audibly from the distance I think it is annoying. Genelecs especially seem to be quite sensitive at max (factory default) and do hiss. Subwoofer I need to reduce even more, perhaps because of room/listening position.
  13. B

I found with my setup on HTx that when I setup Apple TV to Atmos, the HTx might actually get just 2.0, and it seems my LG UST might even crash (reboot). So I disabled it (the Atmos option). But last time I checked HTx HDMI said 8 channels and I also checked that I got signals on all 8. But still...
  14. B

PS4 -> (HDMI1) LG B9 (HDMI2 / ARC) -> Flex HT? I have not tried that combo, but have you set: 1. B9: eARC on 2. B9: digital output (passthrough) 3. B9: HDMI input Bitstream 4. PS4: LPCM How many channels HT shows in HDMI screen? Also try to change EDID while playing multichannel LPCM and see...
  15. B

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

High price in DACs and such tends raise more concerns, and usually it shows in measurements too.
Top Bottom