Recent content by Bulldogger

1. B

Comparison of Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) and Dirac ART for all known AVRs/Processors

Theta Digital is working on Dirac Art to bring to the Casablanca V. It will run at 24/96 like the previous versions of Dirac that Theta has used. ETA? I'm not sure. I am fairly certain it will be released this year. I expect it to be released within the next few months, but Theta has not given...
  2. B

StormAudio ISP Evo review by Stereophile

Nice review and I enjoyed it.
  3. B

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

I primarily bought it because I have external dacs and my prepro only has balanced digital out. The VanityPro I have has bnc outs. Vanity going directly into my dacs sounds significantly better than the HTPC connected to my prepro via HDMI and then out it's digital outs or using the Minidsp...
  4. B

I have used the Vanity Pro with the Apple TV set to LPCM and it works well. I set it to output LPCM.
  5. B

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Few processors today offer true analog bypass. Most separate dacs offer better performance and sound quality than what is available in a pre-pro. If it does have an analog bypass the quality is likely no better than allowing the prepro to do a analog to digital conversion. I use external dacs...
  6. B

Harman acquires Roon

Yes about everything you said about Jriver, crashes. My concern with Roon is that Samsung, the parent company doesn't seem to "play well with others." I think the TVs just announced at CES still don't support Dolby Vision. No regrets however about lifetime subscription.
  7. B

Harman acquires Roon

The GUI is outdated. But I find it much more advanced than Roon. I have both. I can output more channels with Jriver for example, a lot more. I mostly use Jriver for video. I use Anystream to download the series I stream and I rip 4k Blu-ray.
  8. B

Curiosity Teardown: Theta Casablanca

I believe ATI purchase Datasat after their processors were designed. Dave Kersetter is a common designer they both share however. ATI manufacturers for many companies so I wouldn’t draw much of a conclusion about the Monoprice processor. The older Casablancas 1 didn’t measure as well. The...
  9. B

Yes. Also, Charles Hansen of Ayre, Jim White of Aesthetix Audio, Dave Kerstetter of DTS.
  10. B

A modern Casablanca V with Xtreme D-3 dacs has a SINAD of 103, worst case. Three Xtreme D-3 cards were measured, and I saw the results of the worst measuring one which had the 103 SINAD. The measurements were done under the same conditions as Amir measures. A CBV equipped with the Premium Dac...
  11. B

New product: Arvus H1-D

I have the Vanity Pro and am very happy with the purchase. IMO, it's the first company to solve the audio quality issue with HDMI. Oppo tried but failed. I tried several megabucks processors with the "special" audio feed in from the Oppo and couldn't hear a difference. Audiopraise just made...
  12. B

I would buy the Merging Hapi and use the 8 channel AES/EBU out to feed my existing external dacs and then use their Digital to Analog card for the other channels. It appears this would work.
  13. B

I’ve used several multi-channel interfaces that really all sound the same. This one was different. Truly a superb product. But it’s not for everyone. This device has power and even does karaoke! You may be able to consolidate your set-up...
  14. B

Dirac discount: I buy?

There was a Black Friday sale that offered a 30% discount on all of their products. Dirac announces these sales if you follow them on social media. I saw and took advantage of sale on Facebook.
  15. B

If you are not already,you might want to communicate directly with the company. Their emails are private so I won't disclose any content. Perhaps they are looking to expand their market?
Top Bottom