Recent content by bugg_nn_out

1. B

Calling all Linkwitz LX 521.4 owners in Southern California (CA at large, too)...

This is very helpful! Thank you. Alas, this is what I was thinking too. I might one day build the LX521s, but it seems like it will be more of a later-life project, when I have more time for critical listening. For party I am considering just putting my money toward another pair of La Scalas...
  2. B

Calling all Linkwitz LX 521.4 owners in Southern California (CA at large, too)...

@Burning Sounds: THANK you for this, so much. Yes, I think I anticipate exactly what you are saying w/r/t room texture. I'm on rather stiff carpet here. Could be...a problem. I think the software DSP solution may be the way to go if flexibility with future upgrades is in the cards, but I share...
  3. B

Thanks for this! Ok, I think I see where you are going. Yeah, the Philharmonic is a beautiful speaker. If I were just looking to build a high-quality box enclosure-type speaker, something like this would be perfect. I am, however, looking for something slightly different and more specific. My...
  4. B

Also I appreciate people trying to help me with my cost-saving, but I probably should have disclosed that when I talk about 'cost-consciousness' here, I'm speaking in relative terms. I'm not talking about affordability, as such, but rather trying to get a certain sound that is typically only...
  5. B

Yes, this. I have an old JVC receiver I plan to use exactly in this way to test out the system once I've assembled those very Madisound flat pack cabinet kits w/ drivers etc. Was hoping to save money for a proper ATI amp, as I do love my mini-me Hypex 252MP that I built to drive my Klipsch La...
  6. B

Ah, that's what it was! OPLUG. I knew there was a group like that because I came across it a couple years ago. Thanks for reconnecting me to it. I am familiar with Dr. Brenner's business and have been intrigued. I confess however that I'm as cost-shy as they get, so if DIY can help me keep the...
  7. B

Hi! Pardon me for creating a mint-new account for this, but I'm not much of a forum user. I think I'm in the right place with this particular request, however. I have purchased construction plans for the late Linkwitz's flagship speaker design, the LX521.4. I'm sure many of you know about this...
Top Bottom