Recent content by bugbob

1. B

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

You did a very good job as moderator, with good humor. Thanks.
  2. B

Why Audiophiles Are Shopping for Vintage Turntables

Mr. Dernie , please do continue to provide lengthy engineering history lessons, and engineering physics lessons - the more and longer the better : ) . It is uncommon to find particularly authoritative and correct mechanical audio engineering information. It is nice to have someone capable on ASR...
  3. B

Speaker De-coupling

Sorry - wasn't paying attention to the height issue. Given that - it looks like you may be able to maintain approx. the same height IF your built in looking mini stands are removable. If so, two 1/4" steel, 1/2" marble or other material, and springs look like they would still work from the...
  4. B

Speaker De-coupling

If mechanical vibration - If wanting to do this on the cheap is the goal, and if looks aren't critical, and you're willing to DIY- check out the spring store. The following is I hope a DIY extension of what Frank Dernie already said. There are many different springs that you can get, you may...
  5. B

Vibration control

Just out of interest - interesting passive or semi-passive isolation or vibration control related devices - most for atomic microscopes, measuring equipment, seismic, etc : Michael Schmid - TU Wien.: Novel vibration isolation system delivers STM/AFM with picometre resolution...
  6. B

Complaint thread about speaker measurements

Micro desk top full range utilizing a curved mica diaphragm : http://www.bifrostec.co.jp/news/pdf/publication090700.pdf 2009 Speaker by : Heitaro Nakajima - Who led Sony's Compact Disc development in the 1970s. Ikuo Chatani - Sony development enginer who worked on the 1st ?? diamond coated...
  7. B

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Welcome. You entered with what I perceived as some bravado and expectations behind your questions particularly on your first few posts, and you were giving as well as taking throughout your string of posts. I hope you ride it out and stay. There are a number of scientific and industry experts...
  8. B

WolfX700 Measurements of My DIY Replica FirstWatt F4

Sorry, not answering your question - but as a precursor, for some without knowledge yet on the history - I believe notions of LOW feedback apparently came from Matti Otala in 1970. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5304/866f608e0059f2be525a84d021a92d95266c.pdf and...
  9. B

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

+ 1. A number of years ago my brother and family arrived here, and my then 4 year old nephew entered the front door, turned the corner into the living room, and within 1-3 seconds pushed in both dome dust caps on my speaker's midranges then nonchalantly continued on to have a look around. The...
  10. B

Vintage Direct Drive Bearings and GT-2000 : re- lube or no lube, by Victor TT-101 design engineer

EDIT : these comments are from one of the designing engineers of the listed turntables. The following comment and discussion link* may be of interest to those with vintage Victor and Yamaha GT-2000 direct drive turntables if they haven't seen it already. there are 4 pages of comments re...
  11. B

NORMS AND STANDARDS FOR DISCOURSE ON ASR

Words. More words. Too many words. Words as pseudo entities - words mistaken for things - words without context. Where is Wittgenstein - I'm at my limit I'm afraid. Have noticed it before. Sorry, but the 1st use of ignore for me.
  12. B

Science of healthy eating

rtos: "Many diet approaches can work in the short term for managing weight loss or diabetes etc., but it remains to be seen what approach(es) might be best for promoting long-term health and longevity." ... +1. Dallasjustice : "Don’t be afraid to eat lots of natural animal fats and protein."...
  13. B

Can you pass as a British Citizen?

19/24 on the UK, and as per below on Australia - I can't decide where to go. ps. growing up/living in Canada ( a former British colony ) helps with these tests. Phil Your score: 9 / 10 You passed! A score of 75% is needed on the citizenship test to pass. Welcome new Australian citizen!
Top Bottom