Recent content by Budgeter

1. B

How to block out conference sound for home office privacy without room treatment?

I ordered this (the successor of the AT2020 USB version. It was released days ago). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B823S1NR A dedicated mic with an interface will be better for sure. However, for starters, I prefer to try an integrated solution first.
  2. B

How to block out conference sound for home office privacy without room treatment?

Room dividers seem like a nice idea, I will take a look at them. My door also has an open space at its bottom, I can find something to cover that.
  3. B

I'm gonna try that, just order a new mic for this purpose. That said, I don't think it is reliable. The goal is to make sure no one can hear under all circumstances (or at least, very hard to hear).
  4. B

Ah, I always use headphones so that should be fine. The problem is my voice. Even if I keep my voice down as much as I can, it can still be heard from the outside. I don't mind the noise from other people though, so noise-canceling headphone is not the target.
  5. B

For context, I'm working from home, and my bedroom is practically an office. The room is not soundproof, so people from the outside (e.g., in the living room) can hear the conversation, albeit smaller due to the walls. What would be the best way to protect sound leakage from my work conference...
  6. B

Linus Tech Tips is going to be testing audio gear? LTT Lab 1

Linus himself has publicly expressed multiple times that one of the main goals is to make his media firm profitable. I like that he is a business person, and has no sweet word around that. If you have followed him since the garage studio day, it has been one hell of a journey. Some people may...
  7. B

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

This one is definitely pricy, kinda sad that it never goes on sale for about $200. Anyway, got this open-boxed at $280, so still acceptable in my opinion. This has become my daily drive because its wing system + lightweight nature is a god gift to me. I literally can wear this 12+ hours a day...
  8. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

This. When I first got into hi-fi, I was like: "There is no darnn bass, treble is harsh ......". After a while of getting used to this new kind of sound "approach", comparing to my old audio gear (which was some random phones, and laptops, etc), night and day. It's just that I learned to detect...
  9. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

How can we get to setup mode and exit DFU mode using only knobs? When the device is plugged in, holding the knob will enter DFU mode, but it will stuck there too unless I unplug the power cable.
  10. B

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Got one during Black Friday on Amazon, with Hifiman as a seller, I also received a stealth magnet version with black rubber cable. This certainly sounds good out of box to me, it's ear cup is very comfortable, however, its headband really do hurt my head. Maybe it's just me, but leather headband...
  11. B

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

As this has digital in, a power cable is a good choice to go with other devices (TV, smart devices, etc). However, for desktop use, there should be an additional option for USB power IMO.
  12. B

Does DAC performance = great sound?

I don't have experience with CD players. However, many onboard PC audio before 2014 or cheap DAC (e.g. some from ASUS or Creative, below $40) has really high noise floor and distorted sound. The point is, not all are the same. If they're the same, then there should be no measurement, design and...
  13. B

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

There is a thing that should be mentioned though. Many people dislike Windows because of their automatic / breaking changes updates, which are fair reasons. It's their own devices so they can do whatever they want. However, these un-patched system with a darn tons of vulnerabilities are a...
Top Bottom