Recent content by bud947

1. B

Replacing LA90/LA90D power supply ?

@restorer-john internal circuitry is exactly the reason I was asking (and hoping to have @JohnYang1997 providing a hint). aiyima a07 can be used with differents power switch and it would be nice if it was also the case for topping amplifiers sharing the same connectors. Actually before the LA90...
  2. B

Not hearing an issue, at least not at the level I’m usually listening, but I tried to crank things up (85db average) and I felt a bit of compression. At 75db average, the song I was listening to had a peak +12db and therefore I was expecting peak of 97db at 85db. It was clearly not the case...
  3. B

I asked this on the newly released PA7 plus thread but got no answers. I’m putting it here if anyone has a clue. The PA7 plus power brick is specified at 52V/6.5A while LA90/LA90D were released with 64V/4A power brick. I have 2 LA90 in mono with a Polk r700 (89db but not exactly 8ohms) and I’ll...
  4. B

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

@JohnYang1997 any answer on this ?
  5. B

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

I see that PA7 and LA90/LA90D share the same connector. Would it be possible to use the PA7 power brick (52v/6.5a) with the topping LA90/LA90D ?
  6. B

Argon Audio

No bass issue with my unit, but I’m using it as a pure streamer to topping e50. @Basement did you consider sending an unit to Amir? It may boost your sales considerably as this undoubtedly an excellent product. PS: adding integrated endpoint to Spotify, Amazon, Tidal/Qobuz and Apple Music...
  7. B

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Thanks! Probably a week or two to wait on my side :)
  8. B

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Great news! When did you order your MiniDSP Flex ? (Trying to estimate when I'll receive the one I ordered on 11/02)
  9. B

Studio monitor speakers without hiss?

You should definitely listen to the Kali. This guy on YouTube compared them to other speakers. Using my headphone (HD 560S so fairly neutral), I carefully listened to the Kali and found them to be “thin” and narrower in term of soundstage. I really liked the bold sound of the Gold 8 and they...
  10. B

Studio monitor speakers without hiss?

Bad news for me then, but I would love to hear how Tannoy Gold 7 performs. I wanted to upgrade in the future from Presonus E8 XT to Tannoy Gold 7 or 8. I liked the sound from a youtube review, and this is the cheapest powered coaxial design.
  11. B

Argon Audio

My iPhone is connected through wifi as airplay/chromecast/roon/dlna are all wifi (technically tcp/ip) protocol. The argon solo has also a bluetooth receiver therefore you can pair a bluetooth device if needed, but I don’t. Overall it’s a great streamer, kudos to these danish guys :). The...
  12. B

Argon Audio

It's just a Airplay 2 / Chromecast / DLNA / Roon endpoint. You can use anything that stream to these protocol (phone, tablet, pc...). I'm using my iphone to stream apple music lossless content.
  13. B

Argon Audio

I'm currently playing at 24bit/96kHz (apple music ALAC). @Basement is it real or is it Apple doing its thing again ? By the way I was able to buy for 199EUR a few days ago. Excellent build quality, sound great and it just works (SOLO > E50)
  14. B

Yet another post about best active speakers for near field listening

Neumann KH750 has the DSP controller and will EQ the entire spectrum (20hz-20khz) before sending them to the monitors (either KH80 or others) so it's not only sub EQ. Also having 250W doesn't mean you'll use all of them. The main advantage is that you won't need another sub for the next 10 years...
Top Bottom