Recent content by Buckster

1. B

Powered Vs Passive Speakers- More from the top

Yeah I always wonder how much having an extra A/D and then D/A in the chain makes a difference and must surely be a trade-off of having the ability to do more accurate DSP I know often people say is transparent but if it was what's the point of the SINAD measurements and table rankings in the...
  2. B

JBL 306P MK II Review (Studio Monitor)

P or PII ? My 305s I have to really concentrate from 30cm to hear my 308 IIs I can hear from 2.5m easily
  3. B

JBL Stage A130 vs A180

Edit - manual I found must be out of date as on JBL website it does indeed have different crossovers for each Interesting so low a crossover Vs the >3khz on A130 that 5.25 driver on the A130 must be pretty special
  4. B

REW - Display Harman Curve plus Speaker and Subwoofer Level Query

thanks very much for the reply - much appreciated. I'll give it a go.
  5. B

REW - Display Harman Curve plus Speaker and Subwoofer Level Query

I was wondering please if there is any way you can display a Harman Curve (or equivalent) within the Frequency SPL response window itself rather than have to copy over to "EQ" then overlay a curve in there ? Ref. Speaker Levels I have a couple of queries please: (1) on Denon AVRs if you use...
  6. B

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Quite possibly I'll research as not an area I've used in REW Much much much preferring them upside down with tweeters at nearer to ear level - they weren't much above normal way up but seems to have made a massive difference at my listening position at about 3.5m Have to say I just listened to...
  7. B

Think it was tweeter height I've put speakers upside down and frequency response curves are just as good as on side but doesn't have disadvantages of dispersion issues on side One speaker is flatter than the other in response not sure if the location or sample variation but I have two more...
  8. B

Ah yes sorry. Thanks for the reply and that's a very generous offer (thank you) but I think I'll buy a pack and then have spares Interestingly I just tried speaker on side and not sure if simply down to height of tweeter changing, leveraging different off axis response horizontal Vs vertical...
  9. B

Trying to work out how you have implemented from the photo of your crossover as looks a great mod as my Denon AVR has fairly narrow eq at 1 and 2khz which makes for dips in the peaks but the notches aren't wide enough to correct the peak in response 1-2k fully Did you snip the leg of the...
  10. B

I'm finding these speakers excellent but hard work to dial in When they sound good they sound fantastic but they can also sound not so good I wonder if it's partly consistency across on and off axis responses Vs say my 308 IIs which whilst can't go as loud or dynamic or match when the 130s...
  11. B

Definitely some.variability depending on exact mic position angle of speaker etc Did same test as yesterday same (as near could make position) and even flatter results today - left and right speaker Both now have foam pushed very far into port (and close to back of tweeter) Basic 9 band EQ...
  12. B

Need more experimentation currently they sound much duller than my 308 IIs even though are measuring (on axis anyway) similarly bit odd
  13. B

Thanks for frequency plots I'll retry tomorrow hopefully repeatable !! Like you I've found that range very sensitive and not always getting completely repeatable results Interesting the left one now with my EQ is fairly flat across problematic range but now has a resonance peak at 750 ish.e...
  14. B

Tried some experiments earlier - sticking a 2kg weight on top of speaker seemed to make a measurable difference both to the 1 ish khz area and other resonances Having foam not just in the port but pushed up nearer to tweeter seemed to make a small difference to 1khz resonance
  15. B

Was getting a bit tired trying to EQ out the peak 1-2 k earlier came back to it this evening, bit less toe in and managed to get much more acceptable results (still -5dB at 1khz though) I still don't seem to be getting any real spikes over 8khz I get quite a fast roll off in fact - odd when...
Top Bottom