Recent content by Buckster

1. B

JBL Stage A130 vs A180

do you mean you reversed the overall polarity on both speakers ? (I can't see how that would make much of a difference - except when considering the whole system but then might not have been the speakers fault) - or one was wired out of phase ? or one of the bass or tweeters was wired up...
  2. B

JBL Studio 630 and Studio 698 - Review & Measurements by Erin

results look to me quite similar to the much cheaper A130 ? even similar response curves A130 seemed to have lower distortion at the lower end of the frequency curve too ? surprised at the results as I had my eye on them as a possible future upgrade from my A130s
  3. B

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

bought a pair to use as Atmos rears (located on the top of a very high bookcase) to replace some very very old Tannoy speakers wow what a difference - much larger than I was expecting (for the positive) and not EQ'd yet they were £269 as manufacturer refurbs which I thought was a very good price
  4. B

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

good price on manufacture refurbished KEF Q350s £269 after ebay discount - cheapest I've seen
  5. B

Mission ZX-2

these are even cheaper now - less than £250 a pair !
  6. B

Mission ZX-2

Hi @GhostMotley - to note these are even cheaper at the moment new via Ebay (20% off) - takes them to something like £289 One thing that made me less tempted (but still am) is that if they didn't work for me as fronts, I have some very very old speakers as rear heights, I could move my rear...
  7. B

Mission ZX-2

Hello - I didn't go ahead in the end. The speakers seem fantastic value (I think were even cheap with Ebay discounts), parts seemed very high quality for the money (crossover looked great, drivers looked great) - unfortunately for me though as much of a bargain they seemed
  8. B

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

unit to unit variance ? difference internal PSUs European vs US versions ? I'm mid 40s so my ears are not perfect either ! I agree with one of the posters above too - it's not just high frequency noise there is a mid-range element to it too
  9. B

just for a comparison I also have a Genelec 8030C and I can't hear that at all normally - and I could only hear a faint hiss when I literally put my ear up to the drivers
  10. B

my pair hiss too - very very slight variance between the two but can hear from 3m away. Makes no difference whether an input connected or not and volume on the speaker makes no real difference either my 305 MKIs I can only hear from 30cm away if I really try very hard to listen for
  11. B

Subwoofer Delay setting using REW Time Alignment query

thanks very much for the reply - will watch that video looks interesting thanks ref the time delay/distance originally set for the subwoofer that was by Audyssey so should take into account the room, DSP delays etc - using time alignment tool in REW (assuming I did it right) - suggested an...
  12. B

Subwoofer Delay setting using REW Time Alignment query

Wondering if anyone can help please I might be doing something wrong. After successfully time aligning the mains, rears, and Atmos speakers I'm now trying to time align the subwoofer Subwoofer is SVS-Ultra 13 with the latest 1000d amplifier (old one failed) I have been using Centre channel...
  13. B

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

Surprised this model seems to measure quite a bit worse than the much cheaper A130 especially at higher dB I'd have expected the other way round considering the compression driver etc
  14. B

Mission ZX-2

thanks very much for the link and for taking the time to reply - much appreciated. if I was to buy these ones they would be used as Front Left/Right and I'd move my JBL A130s to height duties. When I say I'm using a pair of speakers as heights I'd like to clarify they are not exactly...
  15. B

Mission ZX-2

wondered if anyone has tried these and what their opinion was please ? one of my rear heights (a Tannoy Eyris R) it is over 25 years old) seems to have failed, therefore looking for replacements. It was being used as an Atmos height - so was looking to directly replace that with something like...
Top Bottom