Recent content by btom

1. B

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Thinking about this IEM,in my country(EU) i could buy it for around 220-230USD incl VAT(depends on how "strong" our currency is at the moment) Is there anything widely available IEM in this price range thats better? I love the looks of this + the accessories,so if the only tune this needs is...
  2. B

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

For this kind of money you would except perfection and then some:the looks,feel,ease of use,extras etc.For ~500 i would vote 2,i like the looks of it and it clears CD 16bit,jitter under hearing threshold.But for this kind of money this is headless. BTW nice seeing Musetec employes in the...
  3. B

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

Thanks,yeah there is no night and day difference at least on my system.It was def interesting test,if i listened to it with 5-10 sec stop there is no way i could tell.
  4. B

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

12/4 Funnily enough first i did it 2 days ago at 11pm and i got 4 correct 12 incorrect,now not tired and a little louder the complete opposite.The bass and the highs are different/cleaner,at least thats what i try to focus on and i think i can hear it.I am 32yo my hearing is good for around...
  5. B

High Resolution Audio?

Using a custom Dac/Amp+Meze99 Classic(with a sheepskin Brainwavz earpads,better highs and tighter bass after 1-2 months the pads get softer/used,but i bought it for comfort)I was a little fast on the last one,Coldplay.I tought i heard something for sure... 4xWAV 2x320mp3.Even after i know the...
  6. B

Marantz HD-AMP1 DAC and Integrated Amplifier

Wow,in my country this goes for ~1100-1200USD.Why would i buy this,not the PM7005 from the same brand for ~750-800?It can do all this except sub-out and DSD11.2....but a lot better measurments.Sure it's smaller and half the weight,and you get fake wood sides. I want to (buy)belive in all-in-one...
  7. B

Review and Measurements of Onkyo M-282 Amp

I was a lurker for some time,i want to thank amirm for the great work.Showing actual measurements in Hifi world seems rare,instead of magic words writing 3 pages why a 5000$ amp or dac worth more than the 500$,without any data. And thank you: I was searching for stereo Amp/DAC reviews in the...
Top Bottom