Recent content by bt3

1. bt3

dsf to pcm file conversion software

Appreciate the help everyone. Thank you!
  2. bt3

Have had JRiver since early days. Never needed to do conversion till now. What motivates this is the limited storage space on my phone and my Macbook. I refuse the pay the outrageous price Apple charges for more storage/memory, so purchase base Macs. My latest phone, the Pixel 8, is limited in...
  3. bt3

Anyone use, used or know of good/reputable dsf (dsd) to pcm file conversion software? There are several choices on internet that no way I'd install to hacker's delight. Thanks
  4. bt3

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Me/ Senior with some hearing losses. No need or desire for audio setups of past. All those are long ago sold. OK w/ - Smartphone with good music app - Several headphones what have been EQ'd in app - a small powered speaker to function with above when have need for no-headphone listening. One...
  5. bt3

Smartphone as player to small powered speaker

My Pixel 8 as player to small powered speaker? Maybe a Genelec G One? Or..? Would it work? What cables does this require? I agree with posts that loss of 3.5mm headphone jack on smartphones may cause shortened life expectancy of these USB-C charging ports used for more that just charging. I keep...
  6. bt3

G One w/ DX3pro+

Need tiny footprint speakers and thinking Genelec G One's or 8010's. Want to avoid ground loop issues from get-go. Own a DX3pro+ and like to use with Genelec's. Use JRiver music player on a Win 11 notebook playing music files from portable USB drive. I will not be using these monitors for music...
  7. bt3

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Having non-internet connected audio system may be very limiting, especially for younger demographic, yet it's safer way to listen to music as long as it is music you have stored on hard drives that will only be inserted into your audio-dedicated notebook. That's my SOP, however to listen to...
  8. bt3

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Which Sony DAP do you own?
  9. bt3

Rotel DT-6000 Review & Measurements (CD Player / DAC)

I'm drawn to read Rotel reviews because I've owned Rotel components in the past. As usual VF your review is comprehensive and appreciated.
  10. bt3

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

I had just one QC45. Sold it. Preferred QC25, QC35 and QC35II models. QC25 was so-oo light. Also.. From my experience, QC25's longevity wins over later QC models. Replaceable battery vs non-replaceable battery the reason. I have two pairs of QC25's that have outlived two pairs of QC35's by...
  11. bt3

Environmental noise and health

I would not single out Rap. It is a viable form of expression as much as any other. Loud music of any genre/type in public spaces not hosting music venue is the problem.
Top Bottom