Recent content by Bsmooth

1. B

Newbie Acoustic Guitar player looking for Audio Interface ?

I'm in MA, now thinking an SE Electronics V2 might be a better choice. Heard good things for the price.
  2. B

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

I was going to suggest the Shure Beta 56a or 57a but the gain available is only 51. But I have heard they are better for Acoustic Guitar. The Shure KSM137 comes highly suggested for ACoustic Guitar yet its different being a small diapraghm condenser mic, but its gain is only 37 I think. So is...
  3. B

I did read these but, had a tough time seeing them. Much appreciated format you posted ! I can actually read them now. Topping looks very good as well as the SSL 2
  4. B

Just a quick question, very new to Audio Interfaces, but I have done a fair bit of research so far. I like the older dynamic mics like the Shure SM57 and even better the Beta SM56a and 57a. But I have heard they need good gain to drive them for the best sound. I had planned on getting the...
  5. B

I just watched the video for the Moto M2 and SSL 2 and both were excellent specs, more money but good. The Focusrite seems to be the best bang for the buck. Is there a mic that does reject noises like Shure SM97 that has reasonable gain though. The Cardioid mics are great but they pick up...
  6. B

Its just Garageband nds quite a bit of tweaking before you can record a track: Lengthen track first, otherwise its only 8 bars, stop the metronome,etc. With Voice Recorder just hit record and your off. I listened to Julian Krause, and he agreed the Scarlet is a good starter audio interface. The...
  7. B

Ok actually been playing off and on for years, but in order to improve I would like to record myself. Its actually a two pronged issue as the Mic plays a big part as well. Shure SM57 is probably one of the widest used mics, and I think Behringer makes a cheap copy as well. But I did hear that it...
  8. B

Low volume produced by Amazon Music App on Amazon Fire TV Stick

So is there a way to boost the signal, that I can do? Who knows If Amazon will fix it, or when ?
  9. B

Is there a way to boost the signal somehow, maybe run it thru a DAC with a volume control?
  10. B

Wiim Pro or Denon receiver for Amazon Music ?

I went the Phone route using a Node which I returned. I suppose its either a phone or the TV, but the TV's bigger and my eyes aren't getting any better. So does the mini or the Pro use the TV, or should I say can they ?
  11. B

Wiim Pro or Denon receiver for Amazon Music ?

Right now I use a Firestick for my Amazon HD music and have it hooked to my TV for selections, and also to my Yamaha receiver. Works well but output is very low and have to turn my Receiver up very loud. Normal setting for volume control for music is 30-35, with Amazon music it has to be at...
  12. B

I'm also using a audio extractor converter as well. Problem is I have an older RXV-757 Receiver. is there a way to have my cake and eat it too, so to speak. Could I maybe plug it into the Phono input maybe? Hoping the preamp would be louder. I have also heard the Denon Receivers can utilize...
  13. B

I am also experiencing this low volume issue. Is there a way to boost the audio signal somehow ? Right now I run the output of the firestick into my Yamaha reciever into its coaxial single CD digital input. Is there a way to boost the output into the coax somehow ? Or maybe what I should ask is...
  14. B

Ripping CD collection

Yes I put all my LP's on Cassettes as well, on my good old Nak. I've always believed If your going to do something do it the best you can. Also take care of your stuff, that includes hardware as well as software . Its all fleeting anyways, LP's,8 tracks, cassettes, even reel to reel loses its...
  15. B

Ripping CD collection

Quite a bit of the Stream content is good. Some on the other hand are not much better than nothing at all.
Top Bottom