Recent content by bryan0101

1. bryan0101

JBL D2430K Measurements

Need some update on this project!
  2. bryan0101

Recommendation for all in one (DAC+preamp+amp stage) for DCA Expanse

Hi guys, I've been using the DCA expanse for awhile, currently the chain is Matrix x-sabre pro mqa->AHB2->zynsonix_headphone_switch. Fully balanced. It's clean and clear for sure, but it's alot to live with in my cubicle (now full time on site) I'm hoping if there is an all in one...
  3. bryan0101

Anyone has experience with JBL S3900 and S9900?

I ended up with 4367. I considered the fact that its a 2 ways instead of 3, the legendary 15" woofer and dual membrane compression driver. M1 gets too complicated in domestic env, 4367 is living on the edge already. And until I win the lottery or moving to a retirement home, I do not forsee...
  4. bryan0101

Benchmark AHB2 bridge mode vs McIntosh MC462

So @TNPFan, have you ended up keeping the MC462?
  5. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

I got couple more ahb2 for my second system, but figured I'd try doing biamp w the 4367 just out of curiosity. Shouldn't hear much difference. 2 seconds after connecting them, I knew they can't go anywhere. The air, 3D effect, details, are insanely good. Do not be fool by whatever 9xdb spec...
  6. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

For the height, I think I might goto Ikea and get another pair of cheap cutting boards to make it 7.5" to try it as well. And a grave warning to anyone getting the 4367........ It will make ur neighbors hate you, losing alot of sleep, and under-performing at your job. The sound settled down...
  7. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

Just finished the platform setup, tried both side of off axis (before and after my listening position). In front with extreme angle works quite well. I tried that before with focal, didn't work, blurry imaging. With horn is fantastic.
  8. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

lpf on subs. forte is actually pretty sweet already around the bass region. I thought passive woofer could never be good, well this is actually quite decent alternative to ports.
  9. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

I have dual rythmik F12G, cross at 40 for the forte, so we'll see how to get them play together. But initial impression JBL goes lower than forte for sure.
  10. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

I would also need to experiment crossing them at different angles and stuff. Having them right at ear levels, and with felt pads on the platform can give me alot of freedom to position them. Also from using the forte iv, I did notice the tone was different between ear lvl and tilting upward...
  11. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

Well, this is just a temp spot. Once the cutting board is here, the platform for it to sit 6 inches up would be Bamboo->granite->Bamboo. If any expert here have a better (AND more cost effective) suggestion for a solid platform to lift this fatboy up 6-8 inches, please let me know!
  12. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

Been itching to setup the 4367 in the house, but with the delay in getting the cutting boards to setup the right size platform, I just couldn't wait and put it near field right in front of everything to try out. Behind it are the sopra n2 and klipsch forte iv, both are unbelievable high...
Top Bottom