Recent content by Bruno Putzeys

1. B

RIP- Jan-Peter van Amerongen of Hypex

The past few years Jan-Peter has worked hard to hand over the running of Hypex and Mola-Mola to other personnel and free himself up. Just as this changeover was done and dusted, just as he was ready to move on to different things in life, this happens... This is just so unfair. I'm gutted. RIP
  2. B

Mola Mola Tambaqui Measurements

Thanks! Actually I just got pinged by the folks at Mola-Mola. In response to precisely that remark on my part they’re suddenly getting inquiries relating to "old design" etc etc... It’s odd that people might think that the development timeline should affect the performance of the product but...
  3. B

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

All ADCs/DACs have some sort internal data format that is used to get from digital to analogue. The converter circuit and the internal format are chosen together, depending on the designer's judgment or expectation of which combo is optimal. There are only two cases where the internal format...
  4. B

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

Thanks Amir for doing this review! It's kinda funny, it feels almost like a blast from the past as I did this DAC design in 2013... It wasn't a single handed job btw. I did the schematics and prepared all the algos in MATLAB and my mate Bart van der Laan then rolled the circuit boards and did...
  5. B

Bruno Putzeys reaches out to the subjectivists

I wonder if anyone's ever thought of the possibility that I might have turned to designing low distortion amplifiers that have lots of feedback because they work better than the ones that don't? It's a lot easier to to design non-feedback amps and waffle about those than to learn how to do...
  6. B

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Hi All, It seems there were only a handful of questions left. I’ll start with the ones that I’d apparently missed the first time round. That would certainly be the plan. The design brief for the SMPS is universal mains with PFC, more or less regulated output (to maximise power output from the...
  7. B

Hi All, Lars has gone on vacation so it’ll be just me today. It may make for a less entertaining read than the Q&A we did for Audiophilestyle, but I still hope it’ll be worth it. The term “feed forward” isn’t nearly as clear-cut in its meaning as “feedback”. I have seen the term used for a...
  8. B

Hi all, Just checking in! First off, mega thanks Amir for doing this review. And more generally for running this forum. It is enormously heartening to see someone working to collect actual data for a substantive technical discussion and comparison between products. It's even more heartening to...
Top Bottom