bribur

Retired automotive engineer with an interest in audio since high school but very little turnover of gear and quite a bit of diy. I built Fried Model H transmission line speakers while my future wife and I lived together in an apartment in Ann Arbor, Mi, right out of engineering school. I had previously designed and built awful three-ways with radio shack parts so that was a big step up and they had great bass. But after we got married they eventually were moved to the garage where mice took up residence and that was that, kind of a bitter memory. So some smaller dynaudio home builts after that which were not good. Then built Ariel transmission lines which are my current speakers. They are another transmission line but with dual 5.25" Vifa mid/bass drivers and probably pushed the envelope for WAF but she was ok with them. They are quite good but really weak at the low end and getting old. Unfortunately the drivers are no longer available so when these fail, I'll get some smaller monitors to go better in the condo in Mukilteo where I now live. But, I'm 3/4 done with a pair of subs which is a really fun project. My amp is a rebuilt HK Citation II tube beast that works well with the Ariels, Eastern Electric tube/ss dac and Roon streamed to an RPI3. HD800S/DX7s.
Birthday
Jan 16, 1949 (Age: 75)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Top Bottom