Recent content by brial05

1. B

Amplifier NAD 3020 measurements from Stereo Review: 1979

Several friends had one and interestingly no one I knew had a new one, they were second, third, even forth hand. Everyone thought they could “crank”.
  2. B

NAD Wireless USB DAC 2 Review

Thanks for the review I have wanted this product but was always skeptical.
  3. B

Review and Measurements of SONOS Connect Streamer

I have a Sonos Play 1, Play 3 and a Sonos Connect. To get them working on their own Sonos "Mesh" can be difficult. Years ago, at first it didn't work at all a because my home router (AT&T) dumped or ate STP traffic ( Spanning Tree Protocol ). We had to hard wire them behind their own little...
  4. B

DAC types and their sonic signature

I like the OPs question ... may I rephrase in a different way? ( apologies if my English / choice of words is not correct ) For years, I have seen many reviews / interviews where the manufacture will say plainly .. "we know the sound / taste of our listeners" .... Peachtree comes to mind in...
  5. B

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

An ASR whose who ... Schiit SYS, Kdhadas Tone Board and a new Akitika GT102. I believe it is a fantastic piece of equipment ..... it is only days old for me as it only just arrived.
  6. B

Khadas Tone Board DAC

Hi Zek, I believe it all has to do with USB and DoP .... If hit that drop down for "DSD Native Capability" I get several options including: 'DSD over PCM 1.0' or 'DSD over PCM 1.1' If I select any of those DSD options from the drop down, all DSD options become enabled up to DSD256. If I try...
  7. B

Khadas Tone Board DAC

The Tone Board was available for One Day Shipping via Amazon in my area for $99, I had some $$s on Amazon gift card and after just reading every page of that other 'wild' review thread I thought to surely order. Khadas (Generic Version) Schiit SYS Akitika A few notes for anyone interested...
  8. B

So, what are recommendable amps below 200$?

Hello Everyone, I've recently joined the forum and I must say the discussions are fantastic. Cheers to all for your participation. While not under $200, I must say that the NAD 316BEE @ $399 is easily the best money I have ever spent on audio equipment. Admittedly, I've not spend 10x of that...
Top Bottom