Recent content by brandall10

1. B

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Shoot I did a quick google and something mentioned it was, but I do see on their own product page it isn't.
  2. B

An iPad is fine as a source, Apple's audio outs have been shown to be performant for a long time now. You can get parametric EQ w/ Soundsource on the iPad.
  3. B

It refutes the notion that there's some odd computational load that a much larger $600 let alone a $1500 desktop device can't achieve. It's 4 band graphic EQ. It's not in the same universe. There's no objective measure that one could hang their hat on for this statement to be true. And I say...
  4. B

A 4 year old $100 Qudelix-5k has 10 band PEQ and is much smaller than this device.
  5. B

Neil Young PONO player Review

I was deep in the well of head-fi at the time so I was happy he was doing this, esp. as I also love him as an artist. Didn't seem like most musicians cared much about this stuff. Now it reads like rich dude w/ inch thick power cables at home needs to preach audiophila to the world w/ snake oil...
  6. B

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Distortion/FR is a steady state measurement, no? Impulse/decay is response over time to changing input. Is it the case that something which produces high distortion at a particular frequency at a particular volume, will consequently lose energy to distortion speeding up/slowing down and have a...
  7. B

If we ignore Impulse/waterfall then we're we're dealing with quantum unobtanium. In the real world, when there is new information to reproduce, a particular material will take so long to respond, and when it no longer exists, to return to a steady state. It stands to reason, everything else...
  8. B

No one is saying this isn't an issue, but a headphone is part of a system that can include EQ. And I agree, the price is hard to swallow for what by default is a flawed product. It's great that DCA now has an option at the same price point that mostly addresses this. But to say that it's just...
  9. B

I find this a wild take given the conclusions the person who runs this very site holds. And I quote: "I was stunned at the sound quality post EQ. There was this melt in your chair spatial quality that was beyond just about any headphone I have heard. It seemed to so nicely separate instruments...
  10. B

Are there measurements of the Corina out there? I'm coming up empty. Curious to see how good of a FR Dan was able to achieve.
  11. B

It's hard spending $$ on a flawed product. That said comparing against other 'great' things, can it do something those can't? The FR sucks but it can be (mostly) fixed. Bass is tricky. It's the bane of most stats. You can't just elicit rock bottom distortion out of another otherwise great...
  12. B

Interesting. I've been given a bit of a side-eye when talking about how wonderful my electrostat KSE1200s are here, esp. eq'ed (stock FR is even more terrible than this). That they're electrostats should have no bearing as the distortion level difference shouldn't be in the realm of audibility...
  13. B

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

RE #2, by 'community' I guess that means folks who are audiophiles and not currently members. I'm not criticizing the fact that these reviews have been done in the past... to a point. If 10 cable reviews don't convince someone I don't see why another 20 will, line conditioners, etc. Esp when...
  14. B

I haven’t read most of this thread, so I’m unsure if this is specifically in relation to my comment above or if there are others. If the former, I already stated that I don’t read most of these and will reiterate why I posted - I've seen comments in many threads in the past asking if Amir will...
  15. B

Is it? The people who buy this stuff simply don't care, they 'hear' the difference. The people who care already know how this is going to go... it will either harm or do nothing. It was great to go through the first couple dozen bits of snakeoil but now, I dunno. I'd personally prefer the time...
Top Bottom