Recent content by BossBunos

1. B

WiiM Ultra

Maybe a little off topic but how would that work? Creating a balanced signal from an unbalanced signal without circuitry? Yeah and I can't change the gain on the amp. I'll just stick with my setup for now :)
  2. B

WiiM Ultra

Yes right now using a wiim pro -> minidsp shd -> purifi amp. My amp doesn't even accept RCA. Was hoping to replace the wiim pro and minidsp with the ultra. But that's not gonna happen. After some experimenting I find the 4 band peq sufficient to battle room modes and do not have the need for...
  3. B

WiiM Ultra

Announcement is made. First impression was that it looks good to me, until I saw the back side.... No XLR :( Was really looking forward to this one. Good streamer with a display and proper dac. Very unfortunate.
  4. B

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Looks like we need a Klippel in Europe :)
  5. B

March Audio Sointuva

On the picture it looks like the radiator is also the aluminium version of the driver. But the website shows "Dual Purifi PTT6.5PR-NF1-01 passive radiators are used to on the rear of the speaker to extend the low frequency response". Can you tell us what it is @Matias?
  6. B

which amplifier suits Wilson Benesch Discovery 3

If you insist on going highly priced products the best measuring not on the list will probably be the mola mola kaluga
  7. B

which amplifier suits Wilson Benesch Discovery 3

Welcome! Doing a quick search and I can't find measurements of the speakers so we have no other option then to believe the manufacturer and use the spec sheet. It seems like your speaker is a 4ohm load minimum with a sensitivity of 89db. In general that means it's fairly easy to drive and...
  8. B

Refreshing system with DMP-A6 (or A8 :) )

Not sure what you mean exactly. Like @Purité Audio said: if something is wrong with your equipment it should be notable on almost every song/track. Maybe you are listening to a low quality version of the song? What is the source? A last possibility could be 'brain burn in'. After listening to...
  9. B

WiiM Amp discussion

So many people so many flavours. I would personally like it to be a pure streamer. Just digital out. Why add a dac when you have one, it only adds to the cost ;). I like a display because when I play playlists I want to see what's playing right now without having to take my phone out. It is easy...
  10. B

WiiM Amp discussion

Rumour is they are working on a 'ultra' version of the streamer. Hopefully with HDMI and a display. Would definitely buy that and donate my pro to my parents.
  11. B

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

@amirm Is this sample of the plus quite old? Apparently there is a new pcb version that fixes the low frequency distortion. Should be able to check the version using https://x.x.x.x/httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx
  12. B

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Yes. All 4 can be set as pk filters but only the first can be a LS and only the last a HS.
  13. B

WiiM Amp discussion

Are you aware of any hardware issues with the pro plus? I can't seem to find much using Google...
  14. B

Refreshing system with DMP-A6 (or A8 :) )

Really nice! Boxem amp on its way?
  15. B

WiiM Amp discussion

WiiM inviting their customers to their forum is suspicious? And the published test as well? You have to be more specific please. My personal experience with the wiim pro is that their development is very active and wants feedback. I reported two bugs and they were fixed in a matter of days.
Top Bottom