Recent content by Bornsceptic

1. B

Audio streamer/device with nice tactile interface

Well, I agree a lot with what you are saying. However, I also believe that each industry has its own inertia and myopic view of what is “the safe choice”. The car industry for example kept on reproducing ugly interior, ugly door handles, ugly smart screens etc because that was the way it had...
  2. B

Also, they are playing in a very niche price segment, so instead of competing with them I’d wish for someone to take the industrial design thinking and good engineering and provide it to the masses. “Masstige” as we would say in marketing bullshit talk . (Sorry for straying off-topic)
  3. B

Ok, I took a closer look at the Fiio R7 - it’s actually not that bad, I must admit I’m a bit intrigued .
  4. B

Oh, I never knew about that feature or the dock! I actually might have an old Air device lying around, need to check if it’s the right model. Thank you for the tip! Thanks - appreciate the bump; just like Bono I still haven’t found what I’m looking for. I like the functionality, not sold on...
  5. B

Well that would be the rational, pragmatic and sensible conclusion But what would I then have left to pursue and spend my nights contemplating and researching? I’m very seldom unhappy with the actual sound of my system, so this is what I have left ‍♂️ (Well not entirely true, I’d love to get...
  6. B

Thank you. Yes, if the iPad could just have a solution without the bulky charging cable I’d be pretty happy. But as long as there is not a (hidden) magnetic charging solution, you can’t really use an iPad as an always-on display that’s minimalistic/sleek enough for me. (As you see aesthetics...
  7. B

Yes, I think a DIY screen based on the RPi is where I’ll go next. Good point on the touch getting grubby, might be something to consider. What screen are you using, just a regular tablet?
  8. B

Interesting article. I understand why they went away. I’m just hoping the time is right for an (improved) comeback :)
  9. B

Well, to begin with my system is not very far from me in most situations. But more importantly, it just adds to the experience. Seeing the album art or at least album+ track name playing at all times (or a nice VU-meter) is a visual addition (that I don’t get in the phone app). I also like the...
  10. B

500$ with a good interface and nice aesthetics. I actually think someone like Spotify would be more likely to achieve this. But ultimately I think hifi companies are too stuck in their Bits and Sinads, and software companies unwilling to go into the short life-cycled hardware business. The few...
  11. B

Yes, have looked at that one as well. But when they start asking that kind of money, I become to rational again they are really just offering functionally what I get from my RPi with Moode solution, should I then need to spend 1300$ (Swedish price) on a screen and a knob!
  12. B

No I realize that I’m chasing a pipe dream :( But I must admit this Shanling is getting pretty close - thank you! I thought there should be some of the chinese manufacturers that could achieve this. A simple look, nice VU-meter, the volume knob. There seem to be a big gap in UI design or the...
  13. B

I think the Node is close. The lack of display is a shame, and a nice, large volume knob/selector would have been a much nicer! What I’m after, and what I think Naim uniti atom or NAD C700 (as well as Roon to some extent) is tapping into, is the streaming world equivalent of the old days of...
Top Bottom