Recent content by bogi

1. B

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

One may combine more DSP processes, including long convolutions. I like when noise coming from digital processing appears below DAC analog noise floor, so it stays unmeasurable. That's the point where higher bit resolution or floating point format helps. I am not going to debate with you what...
  2. B

It depends on complexity of algorithm you are using and if PEQ is the only thing. When already running some DSP on computer, why not to use it also for room eq convolution or for example 5.1 to stereo. You can be interested in using anything from VST plugin world ... for example I like Goodherz...
  3. B

The best accurate DSP you can reach in computer environment at 64bit or 80 bit floating point resolution with processing result converted to the desired target fixed point resolution. Resource constrained few dollars costing hardware chips will never do it on that level - they miss both...
  4. B

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

ASIO completely overrides Format options from the Windows audio device settings according to settings of your player. With bitperfect setting it is according to the playing file's properties. But you may want for example to upsample in player. So generally it depends on player settings. Best...
  5. B

@Orlandino Windows audio device settings are not used when ASIO exclusive access to device is used. With ASIO in function, you can have anything set in Windows and it will be ignored. It would be used with applications, which don't provide ASIO or WASAPI exclusive access. Format 32 or 24 ...
  6. B

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

With DAC chip digital volume control one can only attenuate, since processing is performed in fixed point arithmetic. 0dB volume level then means max. output level (no attenuation).
  7. B

I already know the answer. 48k based DSD rates works correctly on fw 1.0 but don't work correctly on 1.21. (this information is interesting only for HQPlayer users)
  8. B

@meowski No other input cable (USB, coax) connected? No change in powering of your system was done, for example on amplifier side? I would disconnect all input cables including optical and try with bluetooth if the issue persists. Try to reproduce your issue with battery powered headamp, if you...
  9. B

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

Return it ... If you measured 3V on RCA without amp connected, you don't need to test with headphones. Don't risk their damage.
  10. B

Does "without a source" mean disconnected cables or no audio content played? It's not clear for me how do you mean it. Isolating the device from other possible noise or ground loop sources may help to answer if DAC is source of pops or if they are caused by some other source. To eliminate other...
  11. B

Cheaper SMSL DACs seem to miss sufficient isolation from EMI. The solution nay be adding galvanic isolation on USB input or using optical SPDIF input. See https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-d300-review-balanced-dac.28919/post-1790503
  12. B

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Doesn't have delta sigma modulator time behavior too? Is that an ideal circuit without introducing any distortion? And the D/A stage and analog stage behind DAC? Is that an ideal circuit? I pointed to that the D/A stage behind modulator is mostly responsible for the chip output quality, since DR...
  13. B

DAC chips don't consist of digital processing only. There is of course also D/A stage present. That's the processing part which restricts DR, SNR and ads its own distortion. No matter what for perfect numbers you had in digital domain. So it does not work as a theoretically ideal processing...
  14. B

Frequency response graph does not show differences in time domain behavior.
  15. B

My approach is: 1. Lower digital volume level in software player to -3dB to avoid possible intersample overflows in oversampling DAC. DAC volume control is not the right place to treat that since it is applied to already oversampled signal. 2. Set DAC to full volume. No need add yet one digital...
Top Bottom