Recent content by bodhi

1. B

2000-3000$ Budget for new studio monitors

It doesn't matter if you had 30k to spare. Look at the measurements of KH120II, what else do you need for near field? Maybe you think there is some magic, that cannot be measured, to be found when spending more? Not uncommon belief as such, but not that well supported here.
  2. B

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Of course one can run a business however they like. It's just that 100k is really not that big of an investment in the gradient scheme of things. For example, can you get an engineer or a manager for even one year for that?
  3. B

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

$100k device that brings the efficiency that Klippel system provides, an "attention grabber"? If one is trying to run any kind of even half-serious business that kind of money is peanuts. And a for business that involves manufacturing physical products, a no-brainer. That comment was 100%...
  4. B

Paid reviewers

It kind of does. It seems to me that the more you know about how sound reproduction really works the less you need to worry about things and spend money. The usual case is someone who has good speakers, way into diminishing returns. If you buy into objectivism then your upgrade options are...
  5. B

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Without a sub at least the 3 models can run out of steam even near field. They shouldn't but I was convinced enough to upgrade. Not with everyday background volume, but it gets annoying to notice the strain if pushed a bit.
  6. B

Paid reviewers

I was once paid, quite well, being senior software architect in consultancy. I estimated the solution, number of persons required to complete the plan within certain time and the overall resources needed. And all this work was to be done by my employer. Horrible conflict of interest, but that...
  7. B

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

This is the elephant in the living room. It's strange, even most objectivists go with 128 or even 192 being horrible to listen. At some point I remember feeling pretty sad when I could just barely hear difference in 128 and that was trying hard with big genelecs or headphones. And not with all...
  8. B

Paid reviewers

Amir clearly doesn't need the money he could get from some shady co-operation and that is what shuts up people. I know it does as I have pointed it out a few times in some forum, the conspiracy theories usually stop right there as there just isn't any clever comebacks. Conspiracies like a deal...
  9. B

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

It's not that much larger than say 8330 I had before, comparing the real estate it occupies from the table. One of my reasons for upgrade was that I could sell the sub. Unfortunately, after a while the "what if..." proved to be too much and I ended up with getting a sub again. Which, to be...
  10. B

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

The real question is how can you have gazillion messages here and have not grasped the most basic concepts. And you are even completely unaware of the fact that your arguments are ridiculous.
  11. B

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

Genelec 8350+7360, Svs sb4000 and kef R5. Genelecs are for life probably, don't need better for desktop. Sub is a sub and I don't think I need a bigger one ever. KEFs can go at some point.
  12. B

Paid reviewers

It depends on the individual. Somebody said that if you are good at something, never do it for free. Unless you are wealthy enough to not care. If reviewer gives measurements then the subjective part is just entertainment. If the review is completely subjective, well, buyer beware.
  13. B

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

It's just the same old "I know what I heard and I'm the exception of the rule so I really really know what I heard whereas some people might get it wrong (cloth ears, lack of experience, not good enough system jada Jada" Boring.
  14. B

LS50 Meta vs Genelec 8330

There is extra conversion with Genelec if you use analog inputs so if you want to keep on believing DACs sound different they are not speakers for you.
  15. B

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

What? No, I'm pretty sure you have misunderstood something. Nobody needs measurements to capture "real essence of music" or whatever, they need to tell us if sound is reproduced correctly. I'm sure all these NADs do just that. People can of course have different feelings about music reproduced...
Top Bottom