Recent content by Bobo77

1. Bobo77

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

Hi...Call me slow...but your statement is not clear to me. Were the Tyrs. better than the Outlaw? Just want to confirm. (Running a McIntosh MC152 here.)....I love Schitt gear...I have a "modified" Freya + and a Loki Max.
  2. Bobo77

Norah Jones – Visions – first single – Running. Will it be a reference like "Come Away With Me"? (Stereo vs Dolby Atmos)

This post is after release of the full album. I am so glad that you are posting this reference info.. I am a fan of Norah Jones. Famished for some new music. I have very decent headphone and speaker set-ups. I stream Qobuz thru Volumio & Roon. I am not getting into the compositions here…just the...
  3. Bobo77

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

Good! I thought about it and was going to suggest that you pull it out, as it is just a friction fit. Maybe the back of the knob was just rubbing on the chassis? Glad you fixed it…sounds like you have been thru enough!
  4. Bobo77

Are you close to the unit when this occurs? Back away from the Freya about 6' or so and it should work fine.
  5. Bobo77

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

I got itchy with mine after a happy year of use with NOS Tubes….. Mine is now a Franken-Freya+
  6. Bobo77

The metal of the casing is actually quite thick...So...no worries about it warping. I am guessing it is a little over 1/8" thick.... I used hand tools...That part was totally in my wheelhouse, so I took my time and all went well....I solder...but not circuit boards...that is where I had to ask...
  7. Bobo77

I am guessing that my warranty is now Completely Schiit! :cool:
  8. Bobo77

I love my Freya+…working just fine for over a year!…I am a tube-stage only guy….but I get itchy ….so I did some research…I am pretty handy…I switched out the $10 WIMA caps in the tube stage circuits (little red buildings) for $90 V-2 ODAM Caps…and found some really cool vents online for the...
  9. Bobo77

Linear power supply for DAC, switch/router improve SQ?

Could a linear power supply make a difference on a high-quality raspberry-pi based streamer sending signal to a high-end DAC using an I2S connection?
  10. Bobo77

I know it's a low number. Apparently, with a lot of their gear Schiit does a "run" (I found that out here). I believe Jason give the number in this video: He talks about the Tyr like it’s a pet project…. I ordered a Loki Max over 4 months ago, and right now Schiit is giving me no hint at a...
  11. Bobo77

I guess that business model works for them. Making gear in the U.S. has to be challenging because of labor costs.
  12. Bobo77

Oh…Electrostatics..I am not "that" familiar…but I know that they benefit from a LOT of power. I heard a pair once in the 70's :) …but that is a discussion. I bet that they are great! People swear by them. Not practical for my smaller room. I am running DynAudio Contour 20s. They are rated 4-ohm...
  13. Bobo77

What is an ESLX? GREAT to hear some actual, real feedback. You sound happy! What were you using before? After you have listened a while and burned the amps in give us more info. I am just really curious about these amps. I am very happy with my amp, but these are intriguing! Are you the reason...
  14. Bobo77

That's what makes our audio quests …OH…SO…interesting, though!!!
  15. Bobo77

…or "un-tout" it! :)
Top Bottom