Recent content by boblinds

1. B

Apt Holman Preamplifier Review (vintage Audio)

This was (and is) a truly excellent preamp that, teamed with a Hafler amp and various input devices, constituted my stereo system for many years. Until my ex- took it to spite me in the divorce. Sigh.... :)
  2. B

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 Review (Speaker)

Rate This Speaker? WTF?? Since I'm guessing that no effort is going into verifying that voters have actually heard, much less measured, the speaker, what conceivable objective value does this vote have? What has happened to Audio SCIENCE Review?
  3. B

Vista Audio Spark II Review (Amplifer)

Someday, just for fun, I would like to see a rival audio journalist directly take on guys like Guttenberg and Fremer who have been spouting nonsense for decades (and worshiping stupidly overpriced hardware) but have been doing it for so long in so many places that they've cultivated a faux...
  4. B

Revel C208 Review (Center Speaker)

The floor stand that Revel makes for this speaker (separate purchase) does tilt the speaker upward.
  5. B

Revel C208 Review (Center Speaker)

I have this combined with two F208 full range speakers. As Amir indicated, you just listen and listen and listen with these speakers. They're incredibly satisfying.
  6. B

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Does every audio discussion have to come down to something like this?
  7. B

No. I use mine with a MacMini (2012)
  8. B

Good idea. Pie makes everything better. :) I think I'll join you.
  9. B

Got mine today from Shenzhen. Truly excellent.
  10. B

I agree. MQA should just f-off. However, since as I understand it, the MQA decoding is in the DAC chip, would it be possible for Gustard to remove MQA compatibility as a feature for the time being and then enable it in a firmware update when MQA gets its greedy sh*t together? For my part, they...
  11. B

My sympathies to Gustard in this. IMO, this just shows how the folks behind MQA are really only interested in getting in the middle of everyone's business and raking off a share of the revenues. What I've heard so far of MQA is nothing special. I preordered the X16 for its DAC performance, not...
  12. B

Don't overlook the smiley in my original post. But, yes, this IS a first a world "problem" to be sure. :D
  13. B

If MQA approval is holding up the release, I'd be pretty cheesed off if I were a Gustard exec. But I'm merely a consumer who pre-ordered this long ago, so I'm just plain old p*ssed off. :) Happy New Year everyone!!!
  14. B

Amazon Fire 7 Review

In my case, I use it only to control my MacMini that sends to an external DAC. The tablet just functions as a control surface. However, I can stream Roon to it, so I suppose if you connected it to a DAC it would function as you asked, I've just never used it that way. :)
  15. B

Amazon Fire 7 Review

Excellent point, Pete!!
Top Bottom