Recent content by bobcoutu

1. B

[First Purchase] Sennheiser HD 660 S + Schiit DAC & Amp combo?

Update to anyone that cares: headphones are here! Just got them. I hope the clamping lessens as it's quite... noticeable. It is the very first day so I'm not at all worried about this. Even with no EQ they're leagues ahead of the Razer headphones I had. The Razer came with a... dongle of some...
  2. B

Yeah... I'm certain if I had gone with the 6XX someone would've preferred I went with the 58X. It's really difficult to pick out headphones! I had to take the plunge or my indecisiveness would've discouraged me further. In either case, this is a huge upgrade for me so I'm not bothered. I do...
  3. B

Watching the video. I understand the XLR connection and swapping out the wire but I don't... fully understand why headphones would need more voltage? It's to "drive" headphones that needs more power to be efficient? Don't think I'll need XLR with how clueless I am about it but it does make me...
  4. B

Okay, good news! I took the plunge and went for the 58X. Added some earcups since I'm paying shipping anyway, right? Not clear if I'm getting just one or two sets of earcups but in either case I'm pretty excited! I wish the website would show prices in CAD, I couldn't find an option so that's a...
  5. B

@jae: 6XX, how does it compare to the 58X? So I've settled on a plan. Depending answers on the 6XX vs 58X, I'll pick one of those. I'm leaning on the EX5 if I feel the need to buy a dac/amp (I really want to dip my toes by getting one at some point). Both 6XX and 58X are well below my budget...
  6. B

WHOA, okay that graph is SUPER helpful. Thank you so much! My source is computer/motherboard, yes, and I'd wager a pretty good one as it's recent. The thing that sticks out to me after skimming the 58X article is that it's not for bassheads BUT it's a "cheaper" (one way to put it) version of...
  7. B

Okay, let's pretend I'm going with the 58X. Would getting a dac/amp change anything? Should someone as oblivious as myself notice a sound difference? I've sort of put all my choices on the backburner and taking all suggestions so far. I'd be an idiot to not consider the 58X at that price. I'm...
  8. B

O-oh... being a basshead that kind of makes me doubt of my choice, then. I still want clear sound but ability to get deep, heavy bass when I want. So much more researching... I'm kind of discouraged about all of this now.
  9. B

Looking at the HD 58X... jesus, so many options. I like I can change the earcups so easily. Not too sure if I'm sold on the dongle stuff, I'd like to have something sit on my desk. Thanks for the EQ link, I'll give it a read tonight. Just skimming is giving me a headache. I didn't think wanting...
  10. B

@KeithPhantom: It always ranges, from acoustic covers to metal with hip-hop and punk sprinkled in. I've taken into account the fact I don't use subscriptions to Spotify for higher sound quality. That'll dampen my listening session. I know it's almost heresy for some here. I still think it'll be...
  11. B

@Wicky: I did see that thread in my research and I worry the 600 being too clear/harsh for treble. I'm not sure if EQ settings can make it less harsh...? It's something I worry about and considered the 660S for. The 650 (6XX, right..?) are almost the same price as the 660S for me as they seem...
  12. B

Hi, first I want to thank anyone that can help me out! I really appreciate it. Quick backstory. I've recently had surgery for my left ear after nearly two years of problems with it. With my hearing back I've been listening to music non-stop. I'm happy no matter the tunes and I really want to...
Top Bottom