Recent content by bmarshall

1. B

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Do these offer any more isolation that a standard silicon tip?
  2. B

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I have been really enjoying these now for a few days, wont repeat a lot of the praise that has already been given here as i think its all been said. For anyone debating these they get a solid recomendation from me. The only area these are lacking for me at the moment is isolation. Not a problem...
  3. B

Truthear Nova IEMs

These just went back on sale at Shenzhen Audio again. Same as the black friday price i think, offer runs 12-14th. Just incase any is thinking of picking up a pair. https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/truthear-nova-1dd-4ba-in-ear-headphone
  4. B

Truthear Nova IEMs

I agree. I have both Zero Red and Nova. For me it is worth the price for comfort and the no eq, straight out of the box sound. I am still going to explore some eq but I could listen to these all day as they are with no complaints. For reference i use a relatively minimal eq with the reds but...
  5. B

Truthear Nova IEMs

I would also appreciate some recommendations on this. Currently using the cable from the Zero Red on my Novas but would be keen to hear some good value options that are equally light and quiet. Would also be interested to hear if anyone has tried and particularly like any alternative tips in...
  6. B

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Wiim Pro Plus also available for £169 at Peter Tyson and Seven Oaks for UK folk. https://petertyson.co.uk/wiim-pro-plus-multiroom-streamer-with-premium-akm-dac
  7. B

DAC and bluetooth with LDAC for PicorePlayer Pi based streamer

Just a quick update for anyone who stumbles onto this in the future! I now have camillaDSP running well on my Pi Zero W and it seems stable enough for me to say the Zero W has enough grunt to work as a streamer even with DSP. I am currently using it to provide a parametric EQ for headphone...
  8. B

Super interesting! If I can grab a spare sdcard I will fire up PiCorePlayer on my zero w and check the Bluetooth in. Anybody know what codecs are supported?
  9. B

Tip recommendations for TWS Buds?

Yeah fair enough. EQ is next when I can find a good tip. They are miles better than any other Bluetooth buds I've heard (never had anything expensive mind you) but like you say these things always fall in comparison to something wholely superior, especially when most of your listening is on the...
  10. B

Interesting that you find the medium a good fit, it looks from the size chart like the spring tips measure relatively small. I also use the cp115 in large and would probably have gone for trying the L and XL sizes on those springtips (but then maybe the bigger ones won't fit in the case ?!?)...
  11. B

Interesting, thanks. Would that be these guys:? https://www.linsoul.com/products/moondrop-spring-tips?variant=43230546067673
  12. B

The Pi Zero W was a recent purchase for me as a bit of an experiment. I would have gone with a Zero 2W if I could find one at a normal price but pulled the trigger on the older model after waiting a while to se if it was up to the job. That's part of the reason to run DietPi as an OS - it's very...
  13. B

Hi All, I'm looking for advice on some better eartips for a set of JBL Club Pro+ earbuds. The stock large tips are ok-ish but not deep enough or wide enough for my preference and are made of what feels like quite a hard and shiny silicon. All of this adds up to not a very good seal and...
  14. B

I ran a Pi 4 with Moode Audio loaded in my living room setup for a while. The Pi was connected to a USB DAC (Topping E30), but the setup could be the same with a DAC HAT if you prefer. Moode offers squeezelite and Bluetooth inputs out of the box. No need for a Bluetooth dongle as the Pi has...
  15. B

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

Yeah i think so. Unscientifically tested here using my E1DA 90838D which I can see the playback sample rate on using it's app. Playing a 96KHz track from Qobuz app shows a 48KHz playback rate on the DAC. I believe 48KHz is my phone/OS native sample rate. JamesDSP was working for this testing so...
Top Bottom