Recent content by Blur

1. Blur

Pro-ject Pre Box DS2 DAC & Pre-amp Review

I've owned several of Pro-Ject's DAC's over the years and thought they sounded pretty good. Awesome to see the measurements of a unit that is so versatile.
  2. Blur

Hi, I'm new

Nice to have you on the Forums.
  3. Blur

L30, Crackling, Sy-DAC1002 Question

Couple of thoughts. Because the E30 works without crackling in pre-amp mode my first thought is clipping the amp in the speaker setup. Pure DAC mode fixes the output close to 2 volts RMS while pre-amp mode allows you to control the volume output. At 0dB in pre-amp mode you get no crackling? One...
  4. Blur

Reasonably priced DAC with toslink and remote volume control? Or remote controlled analog preamp?

Topping E30 and D50s are the DAC's. They both have remotes, plenty of inputs including optical, and have been measured and reviewed here. The E30 is significantly cheaper.
  5. Blur

How to Support Audio Science Review

Hooked ya up so you can start funding your headphone measurements. Have a great week!
  6. Blur

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Update: I received my L30 in silver and paired with the Topping E30 DAC and HE-400i headphone. The sound is clean, powerful, and I hear no signs of distortion. Sound is very similar if not identical to the Schiit Heresy I used for comparison. A few differences: Better gain control on the...
  7. Blur

Headphone Measurements Using Brüel & Kjær 5128 HATS

Few notes: The 400i looks like the seal is not correct as the bass should be deeper and more linear. They do have peaks in the treble region you measured, but not as high as you have measured. You can still access Tyll’s work from Innerfidelity by using cdn. in front of the URL. Many of his...
  8. Blur

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Geshelli Labs Archel 2.5 Topping D90 Topping D50 Drop 789 AAA THX ( Love this thing! ) Schiit Heresy Each purchase was followed up by a direct A/B test with my A/B test rig to ensure the new gear sounds the same if not cleaner than the old stuff. Sold my HeadRoom BUDA partially based on the...
  9. Blur

Parasound Zamp V.3 Amplifier Review

That’s one of the nastiest noise spectrums I’ve ever seen and add over 12dB of extra noise on one channel I’m surprised this made it out of the factory.
  10. Blur

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

Thanks for the reply at least. If you see this issue again, all, be sure to mention it.
  11. Blur

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

@BenF Did you get this resolved?
  12. Blur

I'm confused. If it is a minor issue not worrying about why did Schiit send another board. When is a 9dB difference in audio minor? I'm just trying to understand this from a quality standpoint...quality being defined as repeatability.
  13. Blur

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

Headphone jack or volume pot issue?
  14. Blur

Is there any remarks from Schiit on what they fixed and is it going to do so on future products? I mean how do we know if our suffers from the known issue you tested earlier vs the revised version?
Top Bottom