Recent content by blueninjasix

1. B

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Are the TRS outputs on the A30Pro designed to be pre outs? Would you have to use a cable with TRS connectors on one end and XLR connectors on the other? There doesn't seem to be a switch on the front to choose preamp mode.
  2. B

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

Would these problems be avoided with the Gustard if I unplugged the headphones whilst listening to speakers, and switched off the power amplifiers whilst listening to headphones? Is that the extent of the inconvenience or is there still a technical issue with impedance that I should be aware of?
  3. B

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

Could you just switch the power amps off if you wanted to use headphones instead of speakers?
  4. B

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Ha ha! I wouldn't dare to provoke the sound police that frequent this forum. I didn't say I heard a difference or an improvement. I wouldn't risk saying that in case I was jumped on by rude pushers of the one true way.
  5. B

Out of curiousity, I used the 1a rail of the Shanti exactly as you described, and the 3a rail to power my USBridge Signature. Both worked perfectly.
  6. B

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 as USB to S/PDIF Converter

Thanks. I will check this cable out as I still cannot get my gear to transmit / receive signals at 192kHz or even 176.4 despite all the manufacturers confirming that their products are so capable. I'm ruling out any issues on the software side as the Windows 10 test signals will play up to and...
  7. B

Irrespective of the measurements, this was EXACTLY my experience of comparing USB to OPTICAL on the Qutest. It has been suggested that the extra perceived brightness of USB is a result of RFI.
  8. B

Now I know that I cannot trust your opinion as I can definitely hear a difference between USB and Optical inputs on my Chord Qutest, even at 16/44.1
  9. B

If I wanted just to get the highest possible sample rates, I could bypass the D10 altogether and go straight from pc to Qutest via USB. The whole point of the D10 in my system is to get optical input into the Qutest as my pc motherboard doesn't have an optical port. Here's a quote from Rob Watts...
  10. B

I've already tested it successfully over the coaxial cable and can confirm that it does indeed work at higher sample rates like 32/192. But I would still like to get the optical connections working at 24/192 as there's less RFI noise.
  11. B

I've I've had an in-depth reply from Chord about this as there appears to be an error in their spec sheets. Rob Watts, the designer himself has confirmed that it is capable of 24/192
  12. B

Yes that maybe true but I would like to be able to make the comparison and hear any difference for myself. Also I wonder if the cable is faulty at 24/192 then it might not be perfect at 16/44.1 either. I want to be sure as it was an expensive cable with a Lifetime guarantee.
  13. B

Yes I use Foobar which gives me the option to select Topping's ASIO driver or WASAPI which as I understand it, both bypass the W10 sound mixer which is set to 24/192 anyway.
Top Bottom