Recent content by Blorg

1. B

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I suspect this may be related to your noise/ground issues you mentioned with the USB cable, as they are all totally flat, there is no bass emphasis. You might be getting some added AC hum (60 Hz) due to some cabling issue on the others.
  2. B

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

It's not at all easy with the Edition XS, you need to fully disassemble the cups to get the screws out; they are also glued/threadlocked in tight. And after that you need to find a headband that will actually fit the oval cups. Hifimans do not all take the same headband or the same approach...
  3. B

HBB X KZ PR2 Planar IEM

They are virtually identical, I think KZ released the PR3 to be able to sunset the PR2 after all the drama, bonus if they also don't have to pay HBB a royalty for it any more.
  4. B

Amplification and The HE6se v2

@AryaStealth it may depend what your calibration is, at the end of the day it's an open back planar so not sure what your expectations for bass slam are. I'd say it is good bass impact- for an open back planar. But all planars to an extent have that very good sub-bass extension but somewhat...
  5. B

Amplification and The HE6se v2

I used it with the Fiio K7 and it was just about enough, with Oratory1990's EQ (-5.5dB preamp). The K7 does just over 2W into 68Ω, measured. It actually has higher power than its spec sheet. Hifiman recommend 2W for this and I think that's about right. L30II should be good too, it's better on...
  6. B

Hifiman Sundara vs Sennheiser HD650 – Is there an ultimate conclusion?

Para is quite similar to the Sundara, but a bit more forward in the upper mids. Sundara is probably in between that and the HD650. I prefer both to the HD650 but if you didn't like the Para you'd be unlikely to like the Sundara. Both are more detailed and with much better soundstage and imaging...
  7. B

AMP for Hifiman Arya

I would just add, get a balanced cable if you don't have one. That's $10-15 and gets you 4x the power out of the Qudelix. I ran the Arya Stealth of the Qudelix balanced and it was pretty much fine I thought. But as the balanced cable does get you 4x the power for not very much money at all...
  8. B

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

@TheShield I don't get notable connection drops on the BTR7. I do think the Qudelix 5K is a better all-round device though. Power level on this is much lower than the SMSL C-200 or DX3 Pro+ which are desktop devices. From Amir's measurements: SMSL C200: 33Ω 1.45W, 300Ω 153mW DX3 Pro+: 32Ω...
  9. B

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

I have the HE1000 Stealth, ($1,399, this is not the same as the $1,999 HE1000 SE) it's very good for both soundstage and the bass depth. HD800S has the soundstage but doesn't have the bass, HE1000 has both. It's also very well tuned, the LCD-X is not. LCD-X is marginally better for bass but...
  10. B

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

Moondrop CEO Herbert Zheng is just really into anime, this I think is where this all started Tanchjim I believe are good friends with Moondrop Truthear was started by a Moondrop engineer Some of the other brands possibly are on it because it has been so successful with Moondrop, but I think...
  11. B

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

If you haven't got it yet, the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth ($1,399) is a much better headphone. So is the Arya Stealth ($759) or to be honest from a tuning perspective even the Ananda Stealth ($399) or Edition XS ($379). Before you discount these for being so much cheaper, bear in mind the OG Ananda...
  12. B

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

@Liya just bear in mind Audeze has absolutely huge batch to batch variance, they can be 6dB+ out in places. Oratory's LCD-X measurements don't seem to match my one, for example, if I use his EQ directly it makes them much too bright/shouty. It seems mine are more forward in that area than his...
  13. B

Hidizs MP145 IEM Review

@Audiodidact You also don't want to EQ down the 8kHz peak which is insertion resonance. I don't think they really need EQ to be honest, you could tweak if you feel the need. Their whole selling point is they are more restrained in the upper mids than most planars, if you wanted Harman why did...
  14. B

AMP for Hifiman Arya

The pre-Stealth Arya was much harder to drive. I think that's where the mythology comes from.
  15. B

cable change?

OK, no, I understood you wrong. You said "a 4.4mm 'balanced cable'" not an adapter. I took that to mean a headphone cable. What you got is clearly a broken adapter. I have had headphone cables wired wrong as well, but that's when something is wired wrong. I am thinking of headphone cables (not...
Top Bottom