Recent content by blestin

1. B

Can we discuss the BMR Tower?

Thanks for clearing that up, I can subjectively attest to these towers having a very low extension. How low I can’t say, but I have 2 F12 rythmik subs and when I disable them and put the towers into full range it doesn't sound sound like I am missing the subs. Although it is noticeable at louder...
  2. B

I am quite confused by the question, I read the wall of text and could not figure out the main point you were trying to make. Are you saying there is an issue with the audioholic measurements or the F3 of speaker itself?
  3. B

That was an interesting read, is there enough there to post a score. Just out of curiosity.
  4. B

Has anyone heard speakers with a wider soundstage than Revel's?

I like them more than the F226be, no contest for me personally. I don’t have the F226be to compared to side by side. But I can confidently say that if they were compared against each other without a subwoofer the BMR Tower would win easily. It goes to 25hz flat in my room, has impact, sounds...
  5. B

Has anyone heard speakers with a wider soundstage than Revel's?

From someone who owns Revel bookshelf, owned and sold Revel F226be, own BMR bookshelf and Philharmonic BMR Towers I can definitely say that the BMRs have the biggest sound stage. The towers sound huge and go low.
  6. B

Please extend the top grill downward. If I like to listen to music and “walk around” or work standing would you recommend I stay with my BMR monitor?
  7. B

That is horrendously ugly, like putting lipstick on a pig. (no offense to BMR tower or pigs intended)
  8. B

Hi Dennis, do you have any measurements, info or at least comments concerning the tower’s vertical dispersion/frequency response? I am assuming it is similar to the BMR since the bmr & raal drivers are the similar size and spaced so closely together.
  9. B

I never really considered custom grills, where do you even purchase them or do you mean diy grills?
  10. B

The horizontal measurements and bass response looks like a big improvement, but I am now wondering about vertical dispersion due to the new MTM arrangement.
  11. B

Where did you read/hear that hardjs is getting a pair?
  12. B

They come with a 2pc grill that covers the tweeter/mid and woofer separately. I guess they wont win any beauty contests.
  13. B

Dennis has finally posted measurements for the Tower and it looks like an improvement over the original BMR in every way. I know it may be a long while until there are independent measurements, but it is still worth a look. http://www.philharmonicaudio.com/Measurements-BMR-Tower.html
  14. B

Amp advice for a newbie!

For the price you pay for the Denon 1600NE you are not getting that much and there are no objective measurements of it. You might as well get a Denon 3700 + nc502mp, which will get you Audyssey room correction for bass management, a dac, a preamp, + 500 watts per channel for the same price...
  15. B

Amp advice for a newbie!

It’s definitely not better to spend more on an amp than the speakers, goods amps should sound very similar to each other. Buckeye sells a nc502mp for $600 and it’s absolutely fantastic and impossible to beat value wise. I think you also have way better options in your price range for speakers...
Top Bottom