Recent content by bladerunner6

1. B

Do you mainly stream music or own it?

My goodness, another ad hominem and strawman attack. Where on earth did I say sell audio gear or any of the other above nonsense? Please show the quote where I said sell audio gear, whistle or whatever other total gibberish you just stated? Instead of making up the above listed items how...
  2. B

That is just a rephrasing of what I have said or implied multiple times.
  3. B

But my wife and I also have smaller cars, shop at the local farmer’s market and do other things that might have less impact. I am not saying I am a saint but as owners of compact cars versus full sized SUV’s we are out of the mainstream in that area. I didn’t say it was either or. I just said...
  4. B

Nope , my bias isn’t showing. There is no such thing “as low monthly payments for life”. I am not telling people not to spend money, just to realize how expensive things really are.
  5. B

I am not saying don’t spend money. I certainly spend plenty on pleasure. I am just saying streaming and everything else that claims it just “ a low monthly payment for life” isn’t cheap.
  6. B

As I said, I would love to see an analysis of the environmental impact of both. I have some CD’s I have been listening to for 30 years. Given the longevity of some physical media i think the equation might favor physical media. At least some research shows physical media to be greener. Here...
  7. B

I have a bit less than 200 CDs and I have buying them for 30 years. So I am way money ahead from that standpoint. I think the overwhelming majority of the population realizes that automatic investment plans like 401Ks are are a fantastic way to build wealth. Conversely, plans that...
  8. B

But you buy a CD once and it is over. I would love to see a detailed analysis of this. From a financial standpoint paying paying “a low monthly fee” for the rest of your life is a bad move.
  9. B

Serious music listening is 100% owned and maybe one album is download only and not on CD-“Tapestry“ and I will buy a copy of that on CD. As the poster above me mentioned I love liner notes. Album art and photos are also great. And finally, CD’s are really affordable, particularly used. And...
  10. B

Revel - Big Price Increase

Thanks for setting the guardrails. I am okay with being given boundaries.
  11. B

Songs that depict real events...Now also, playlist on Spotify

Randy Scouse Git A classic by the Monkees. Rest In Peace Mike Nesmith and thanks.
  12. B

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

SVS 1000 and 2000 subs-not Pro-on sale. Black Friday sale
Top Bottom