Recent content by Blackdevil77

1. B

JBL SCL-5 In-ceiling Speaker Review

@amirm I know the focus of the discussion was on the frequency response and distortion, but can you comment on the speakers output capabilities? I'm somewhat surprised/disappointed that a speaker with a CD has a sensitivity rating of only 86 db and is rated to only handle 125 watts, meaning this...
  2. B

KEF Ci250RRM

Anyone looking to purchase one? I may or may not have a source that may make it worth someone’s while if they allow it to be measured
  3. B

KEF Ci250RRM

Is this speaker going to get measured at some point? I'd like to see that. Would also like to see what compression looks like similar to Erins instantaneous compression test.
  4. B

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

Looks extremely interesting but I agree the price is steep. Looks like it has an extremely wide dispersion. A lot of the money spent here is probably in the design they went with to achieve the low frequency extension. I'm more interested on the mid/high frequency output capabilities when a high...
  5. B

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

What did you measure the actual sensitivity to be?
  6. B

That was my thought as well but JBLs 86 db rating is a 2 pi rating.
  7. B

This probably wasn’t touched upon because of the rather alarming measurement results, but what did you find the actual sensitivity of the speaker to be with 1 watt? Another concern is for this speaker to hit reference level at any realistic difference. Based on the 86 db rating and 125 watt...
  8. B

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

I'm definitely gonna need the 8250. I currently use 300 wpc Crown DCi amps and those hit the limiters when cranking the system on the surrounds. I definitely don't want to feed them less.
  9. B

Of course I just missed the sale. I’ll be keeping an eye on it for when it goes on sale again. The next time it does, I’ll snag one
  10. B

Will we see an ASR review of the 8250? I'm sure it will do well, but I'd love to see the actual test results.
  11. B

Any upcoming AV processors?

The new Sony processors look pretty interesting. Curious to see how they perform.
  12. B

Spinorama for the brand new JBL PRX900 serie

@pierre Not intending to semi-hi jack the thread, but did you ever put spinorama data up for the JBL SCS-8/SCS-12? They were/are popular for use as atmos speakers https://jblpro.com/en-US/product_families/scs-spatially-cued-surround-loudspeakers
  13. B

Tom Danley’s new ‘Hyperion’

These need to be listened to in an environment they are most likely to be used. Everyone that has listened to these so far has listened to them either in a huge warehouse, or in this case, outdoors. I have PA speakers I used for parties, JBL PRX615m's. Inside, they sound like crap. When I use...
  14. B

Bose adds customizable EQ to its QuietComfort 45 headphones

The NC700's are on sale for $270 now, just a fyi
  15. B

Bose adds customizable EQ to its QuietComfort 45 headphones

It's frustrating for sure. They could literally change nothing, besides make them more modern with updated connectivity, and they'd be great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Top Bottom