Recent content by BlackAdder

1. B

Help: DRX-8.4 or AV 10 for integrating with a Benchmark AHB2

I ended up getting the DRX-8.4. No problem with using the XLR preamp outs (but I have not measured them) with the AHB at medium gain (i.e., expecting 4 Vrms) sensitivity. I am using Dirac Live Bass Control with 5.2.4. Very, very noticeable improvement in vocal clarity from when surrounds...
  2. B

Thanks for the response. I think my desire to solve the problem is beating my patience to wait for test results, so I am going to order the DRX-8.4. I probably will not receive it until mid-September, however.
  3. B

Thank you for your thoughts. I think my concern stems from (1) absence of measurements in the reviews that I have seen to date, (2) low gain of AHB2 and low voltage pre outs plus inability to adjust trim enough via either the AVR / MiniDSP / external line boosters has been a big PITA -- I think...
  4. B

I am tempted to pull the trigger on an Integra DRX-8.4 (Roon Ready, Dirac built in, XLR outs) to replace a Yamaha Aventage R-X3070 that has very weak RCA pre-outs, but I do not fully understand how to mate an AVR and an external amp and worried that it will not fix my problem. Can anyone help...
  5. B

Getting the Best from Tannoy XT-8Fs and a Bad Room

So I just ordered a Minidsp SHD with Dirac. Makes sense to try and sort out the room issues before investing more in an amp. The A-S801 is probably beefy enough that it is not the main thing limiting the system. I am still hoping to find someone who has fed these things with a good Class D /...
  6. B

Thanks very much for the helpful response. I'm familiar using EQ/Peace and the Harman Curve from using EQ on my PC headphones, and have used REW to take these measurements, but wasn't sure if I could fix the problems with just REW-generated tweaks, and had heard Dirac is easier and does more to...
  7. B

Current system Synology DS-716+II à FLAC/DLNA à Yamaha Aventage RX-A3070 (Powering Surround/Atmos Speakers) à SVS SB-13 Ultra (Subwoofer) and Yamaha A-S801 (Pure Direct) (Powering Main Speakers) à Tannoy XT-8F Problem I am trying to figure out the best way to improve my sound (for music, not...
Top Bottom