Recent content by black_flag

1. black_flag

General Mistreatment toward windows 7 users.

@Marty111 i had driver issues that stopped my Win7 PC connecting to the Cosmos ADC. So downloaded & installed the latest driver from the USB bridge supplier Comtrue and had it working within a couple of connection/install/reboot cycles. Bit brute force if i'm honest. The Tweaks app still...
  2. black_flag

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Looks like a well thought through list. Don't forget fasteners and consumables (heatshrink, cable ties, tie downs) etc. The Neurochrome buffer uses screw terminals for speaker and signal i/o but you'll need four 8mm pcb spacers/channel to raise the buffer up to the connector height of the amp...
  3. black_flag

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Next phase of the active project (aka the Hyperactive ATC's) was to build the Purifi amps & PS's into a pack that could fit within the cavity of my SCM50 ASLs . Parts are currently being made, will post more when they're assembled.
  4. black_flag

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hi Oliver, sorry for the delayed response. I purchased the NC400 kit from Ghent as it came with the LED, fuse, switches etc. Length is fine, width is tight but you can still achieve 6mm between components. The SMPS1200A400 had to be orientated longitudinally because the combined length of the...
  5. black_flag

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Here's 2 pair of mono's built with a SMPS 1200A400 power supply, Neurochrome IET400A buffer and IET400A amp module grafted into a ghent NC400 amp case each. Mods to the ghent case were very light - drill off & csk 12 holes in the base. Got some 50mm longer 10pin ribbons coming to tidy the...
  6. black_flag

ATC speakers / Monitors

Sure, but no-one's going to like the results. Myself included, I'm moving my speakers up 50mm as we speak.
  7. black_flag

ATC speakers / Monitors

Measured on mid dome axis 1m from driver & gated to remove early reflection:
  8. black_flag

ATC speakers / Monitors

Deleted, see below for plot with early reflection removed
  9. black_flag

ATC speakers / Monitors

Ok mate will give it a go. Do you rotate the mic for the angle measurements so it points toward the driver radially or 'translate' it so it's aligned with the horizontal and vertical planes.?
  10. black_flag

ATC speakers / Monitors

Despite recent commentary i find them an exceptional mix of neutral FR, HF detail and sheer dynamic, muscular energy. With epic headroom to boot. I had SCM40A's and loved them for years before missing some HF detail and 'slam'/dynamics. I wanted to retrofit the S-spec tweeter & mid to 40's...
  11. black_flag

ATC speakers / Monitors

So i just measured my ATC SCM50ASL classic's - don't look too bad when measured in line with the mid dome. Not so good when measured in line with the tweeter, but i listen at mid dome level. Details: Left Channel only, measure in room using 20-20kHz sweep Motu M2 ADC/DAC - loopback...
Top Bottom