Recent content by Bjpenn88

1. B

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Bought this headphone and didn’t like it sound didn’t seem as clear and bass not as tight as competitors. Ended up selling it, I suggest trying before you buy
  2. B

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

The market will determine the final price. If the A30Pro is too expensive, not enough people will buy and will find better options at the price point - then if Topping want to move more units, they will need drop the price. Otherwise if enough people buy at the listed price then I guess it means...
  3. B

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

I recently got rid of my Adam A5X due to the somewhat fatiguing sound and found a great deal on some used Neumann KH120, decided to jump on it after seeing all the great reviews across the web. I hooked them up today and I am floored by the sound! The sound is so smooth and clean. I increased...
  4. B

Have you tried the Sony XM3/4? I found them even more comfortable
  5. B

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Amir, my suggestion would be that the measurements and recommendations much more useful if you compared and commented on headphones in the context of price. For example a cheap $30 headphone that is better than most $200 headphones would be useful to know. Similarly if a headphone is $200 and is...
  6. B

Best Topping L30 alternative for equivalent or better SE output

Yes thats who I've ordered from as well! Agree, they have been great and I have dealt with them in the past, always good to deal with. They were the only supplier that could confirm they had the latest versions, all of the other places selling the L30 had only the older serials 2012 and older
  7. B

Thanks Amir, I did not realise that the internal DAC and amp were activated when using wired connection
  8. B

FWIW I bought a set of these due to the good review and compared to my Sony XM3, I find myself preferring the Sony - that is over Bluetooth connection. The Sony’s sound clearer and have nicer cleaner bass.
  9. B

Thank you! I think I understand now. My take on this is there are some technical differences between the two L30 and Atom on paper, however in real-world use, unless using very inefficient headphones, they should hopefully be minor. I was leaning towards the Atom, however, the Topping L30 is not...
  10. B

So it appears this headphone was measured while it was wired direct to an external headphone amplifier. However, wouldn't it be more reasonable to conduct the review/measurement of Bluetooth,ANC headphones while they are in the state for which they were designed? i.e when connected over...
  11. B

Thank you for replying. I am not sure what you mean that the L30 is slightly more powerful than the Atom, but only half as powerful as the Atom with 2Vrms line. I would be running either a Motu M2 DAC or Topping E30 DAC. Would the Atom Amp or the L30 have higher/cleaner power? I was lucky and...
  12. B

Thanks, I am in Australia where the Heresy is available for not much more, but unfortunately it is out of stock with no ETA at the moment
  13. B

Hi all, was wanting to buy a Topping L30 but very unsure to proceed due to the issues with 2012 serial numbers and below, and not sure if I can get the correct version. I am wondering what alternative headphone amplifier has equivalent SE output quality and power at similar or slightly higher...
  14. B

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

I have read that the A50s SE output is not as good as L30. Given the recent issues with L30, which amp can provide equivalent performance to L30 SE output?
  15. B

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I'll have one of those too please
Top Bottom