Recent content by birkbott

1. birkbott

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

I recently added a pair of LSR6312SP subs as stands under each speaker, crossed at 80hz. They are fantastic, too bad you can only find them used I don’t know what the current replacement for them would be.
  2. birkbott

I went into the SHD software and boosted the gain by 12db in the settings, that outta do it.
  3. birkbott

You use +4 db with the SHD? I’ve been using -10 maybe that’s one problem. Does input sensitivity affect the AES input? Anyway I updated Volumio and it seems like maybe it’s louder but I have to wait until the extended family leaves to crank it.
  4. birkbott

Yeah I’ll check again, maybe it’s the Spotify app, I’m using an iPhone
  5. birkbott

Yeah it’s weird, I was using it with Roon and it was ok but I’ve been trying Spotify connect directly to the SHD and it’s much quieter. I made sure volume normalization was disabled in the Volumio plug in. Not sure what other settings there are.
  6. birkbott

Yes I’m sure, both max out at 0
  7. birkbott

I’m using the AES out from a miniDSP SHD Studio.
  8. birkbott

Anyone in this thread with experience using the AES input? The manual states you can adjust the trim from -24 to +24db but mine only go -24 to 0db so I’m running short on headroom. I’m wondering if maybe there’s a firmware update but I don’t know what the procedure is for updating it.
  9. birkbott

MiniDSP SHD Studio

I just got a miniDSP Studio to pair with my JBL 708p via AES and it sounds fantastic. I use it with Roon to stream Tidal. Haven’t done anything with Dirac yet.
  10. birkbott

Recommend me a horn speaker!

I ended up getting the JBL 708p and I’m working on finishing 4x 10” subs to stack under them. So far the JBLs kick ass. Way more slam and effortless ability to get loud compared to my BMR Monitors (which I really liked too)
  11. birkbott

Emotiva PA-1 Review (Amplifier)

I don’t get what the issue is?
  12. birkbott

That’s a pretty ruler flat response, I’m assuming the active version has some dsp going on. They seem great but unfortunately they are too big for my space and would make my wife mad. But maybe for a future dedicated listening room. I decided to order the 4 Pi kits. I’m gonna try and do a nice...
  13. birkbott

Most likely just horn treble with a woofer but I’d take suggestions for either
  14. birkbott

That’s a pretty interesting design I’d be interested to see any measurements available
  15. birkbott

I really love all of his designs I just don’t that’s the resources for a DIY project on that scale currently
Top Bottom