Recent content by Birdy

1. Birdy

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

LOL, i was looking where the gold nugget was hidden!
  2. Birdy

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

I think the problem with reviewing a "high end speaker" like "low end speakers" is that in fact you are reviewing a chain of parameters, like the recording, the source, the amplifier, room, speakers, inclusive your own emotions of the moment, brain and perception. There is nothing "objective"...
  3. Birdy

Crossover MKP Capacitors

Thanks!
  4. Birdy

What advice you wish you could have given to your younger self or someone new to this hobby?

Go for your own ears! What you love is your reference. Nothing more subjective and complex as the brain as a music proccesor.
  5. Birdy

Crossover MKP Capacitors

Yes, I've thought about it, in practice the higher resistance might reduce the output of my dome midrange a bit. This could have even helped balance the output between the drivers. I don't know how the (small) quality differences between the two MKP capacitors work out. Thanks!
  6. Birdy

Subwoofer / TV stand

TL line with this room filling easy going bass without compression or boomyness what so ever and it play's deep. Below 30 Hz it drops but still porduces a good 25 Hz bass without DSP.
  7. Birdy

Crossover MKP Capacitors

I will do just that with a cup of coffee :) thanks!
  8. Birdy

Crossover MKP Capacitors

I use two different 33 uF MKP capacitors in series to make 16.5 uF. One is a DIYaudio Silver cap and the other an old Solen Chataeu Rough(?) Does using them in series have negative consequences? Would it make an audible difference to use just one MKP capacitor? The sound is good and does this...
  9. Birdy

How do you listen to music?

Good question, i went from CD to streaming Tidal and keep DSD and FLAC files on my hard disc in case there is no internet. I tried several players and ended up with AIMP about sound quality and ajustment for file type and drivers. I use this player for several years. I use my acer notebook for...
  10. Birdy

Aiyima A07 Pro Amplifier Review

First time i see it, thanks. Lets see how it compares to V3 and 07. I run two 07, great amps love it. Had several A B and tube, this is not less.
  11. Birdy

Aiyima A07 Pro Amplifier Review

How can you tell that the upgrades have influence on the sound quality, beside personal subjective observation? Did you measure any change in distortion? What are your impressions about this upgrade?
  12. Birdy

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I would go for solid silver wires.. sounds more "refreshing" ;-) Bye the way, a tube pre amp combined with a good TPA3255 amp really sounds great and unbeatable about price. I have 2 Aiyima 07, would like to compare them with the V3.
  13. Birdy

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Good question! I went that path with my 1977 vintage Toshiba SB620 (amp, a 14 kg. heavy sweet sounding amp untill it died. I brought it to several repair shops and none of them where able to fix it ending up to sell it as is. Spend a lot of money and time without any result. I bought a el cheapo...
  14. Birdy

Looks like Class D is the only option for ultra clean, high power amplification

I am talking about how affordable good quality amp's are nowadays, thanks to our Chinese friends and TI. With this price point you can not expect a lot of shiny material to fulfill eastics needs
Top Bottom