Recent content by billymac

1. B

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Hi all. Hoping I could get some guidance. Considering adding an A6/A8 to my system. I have a Denon X3500 with a Buckeye NC502MPx4 powering LCR. I also use a Sonos Port and a Mac Mini to integrate the system for multi-room and a Sonos Amp to power a patio 2.1 system. My goal is utilize the A6/A8...
  2. B

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I got the same email this morning. Someone who's been down this path before will surely chime in, but my assumption is that the coupon link will work when the Kickstarter release goes live on 4/20. Followers went from ~250 to over 500 675 in about 3 days. Hopefully I don't miss the boat on the...
  3. B

So the upcoming preamp (ZD3) will be same form factor/width as ZA3 and not V3 variants?
  4. B

Fosi V3 Mono Dimensions? Same form factor as ZA3? Will "ZD3" be same?

Having a tough time confirming V3 Mono dimensions. I've seen 6.1in wide, but unsure if it's accurate. More importantly, anybody know if the future "ZD3" preamplifier will be the same form factor as the V3 Mono? It would be nice if the size/form factor and casework of the V3 Mono and the future...
  5. B

Thank you again. Yes, +15 on Sonos sub level in app. Thought about a line amplifier, but was slightly skeptical. May try that path, but gosh, I think I want to pick one of these up!
  6. B

Thank you. Totally get it. I was trying to be concise, but obviously at the risk of being unclear. It was more of a level-matching issue with the 502. The sub performed great when I turned it up, but I had to turn it up to a point where the L&R were too loud given the environment.
  7. B

Any ideas on when this will be available? I see 4/20, but is that actual release, or just more details. I’m not familiar with the kickstarter process. Also, I see others were able to at least indicate preorder interest, but I was only given the option to be notified of release from within...
  8. B

Yeah, it's 8 ohm dual voice coil (Polk Atrium Sub100). I'm running it parallel at 4 ohm, so should be no issue. I think I'm going to switch back to the Buckeye, box up this M03 and wait for the release of this product. Thank you very much for the reply!
  9. B

Please forgive the potentially elementary question. I've searched the thread (I'm on page 9 so far), but haven't come across what I'm after. Could I use one of these to power a passive sub, using the SE sub out of a Sonos Amp and rely on the crossover settings and level control within the Sonos...
  10. B

Help Please - Sonos Amp Sub Out with Buckeye NC502MP and passive sub

I could use some wisdom, please. I have been running a small patio 2.1 setup for 3+ years and it's been great. Sonos Amp powering a pair of Polk Atrium 6 and then sub out from Sonos to an old Polk SWA500 subwoofer amp and the polk amp wired (4 conductor) to a Polk Atrium Sub100 (dual 8ohm voice...
  11. B

Center Channel Help - 8in depth constraint - struggling to find a contender

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I do not have that luxury. I need to make this environment work and I'm pretty confident it's possible with slim (see what I did there) expectations. I'm not interested in phantom center, although I have my eye on some strong 2 and 3-way floor standers...
  12. B

Center Channel Help - 8in depth constraint - struggling to find a contender

We're getting ready to kick-off a major kitchen remodel and also replacing our flooring. As part of all this, we're looking to make some other updates including potentially replacing our 5.1 speaker system. Unfortunately, I'm bound by a serious space constraint for my center channel. I've only...
  13. B

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

New setup, with thanks to this forum. Topping DX3Pro+ & PA3s with Emotiva B1+ and SE8 sub. Perfect (affordable) 2.1 desktop setup for small office.
  14. B

Desktop "rack"....

+1 for the Topping acrylic rack. Just received mine (took about 2 weeks from Apos). Very pleased with it. What should I buy to put on the top rack?!
  15. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Have had a few days with my new DX3Pro+ and PA3s combo for a 2.1 desktop setup in small office. Loving it and sounds fantastic. Paired with Emotiva B1+ and SE8 subwoofer. Leveraging SE8's bass management, which is sitting between the DX3Pro+ and the PA3s. Now just waiting on the Topping acrylic...
Top Bottom