Recent content by bicho_solto

1. B

New Speakers for AudioLab 6000A - Elac DBR62 or Focal Aria 906

I think the focal will sound better than the other speakers. The 6000a is a great amp but it doesn't have enough power to deal with inefficient speakers. The 906s are the only speakers in that list that don't need a lot of power to sound their best.
  2. B

Revel f32 vs Kef R3

I understand this is an apples vs oranges question as I’m trying to compare a floorstander with a bookshelf speaker but, if you had to choose what would you pick? This is for a mid sized room
  3. B

Wharfedale Denton 80th vs Elac DBR62

The Elacs need a lot of power to sound great. When I had them with my audiolab 6000a I found the sound dull and lacking dynamics unless I was playing it loud
  4. B

Wharfedale Denton 80th vs Elac DBR62

I’ve heard them both and preferred the sound of the Dentons. Their midrange seemed more natural and it had a “smoother” top end. Also the dentons are a much better match with the audiolab 6000a than the Elacs are.
  5. B

Power Amp for Elac Debut Reference

I got the 5.1 but yeah sorry I didn’t want to make it sound like I was comparing both as if they are on the same category, it was more as a way to illustrate my journey in this post
  6. B

As this post was resurrected I feel like I could tell the end of my Elac dbr story: Regardless of how powerful of an amp I used, I feel like the Elacs were always a bit too boring, too polite and lacking dynamics for my taste. I ended up replacing them with a pair of vintage Wilson Watt Puppies
  7. B

Alternatives to Elac DBR62

Hmm is the JBL Stage A130 available in your area? It measures really well(especially if eq is available) and it is pretty cheap
  8. B

Alternatives to Elac DBR62

Are you ok with actives? I think you'd be better off with a Genelec speaker on a desktop situation
  9. B

What kind of banana plugs are these?

Thanks for the help guys! I looked at Amazon uk instead of us that’s why I couldn’t find them I guess As for the price well…I don’t really think they made any difference in terms of sound compared to the cheaper cables I had before but they’re definitely prettier and give my system more of a...
  10. B

What kind of banana plugs are these?

I got these speaker cables on AliExpress and they came missing a pair of banana plugs I don’t wanna bother contacting the seller about it cos I imagine the process will take ages so I tried buying banana separate plugs but I can’t seem to find one that is compatible with the cable I have. Does...
  11. B

Anyone familiar with the Vista Audio spark?

Have you tried the loxjie a30? Or maybe the ps audio sprout?
  12. B

Yeah I tried moving it around and ended up putting the sub right next to my couch(where is sounded the best for me) I just got a minidsp with Dirac and it helped a lot in making the bass sound similar to what I was listening in my bedroom! But I few like now with Dirac I need to push the volume...
  13. B

Thanks for the responses everyone! In the end I got a rel t-zero sub(I had to get something small as I don't have much space right now) and the bass better, but still meh. What really "fixed" it was when I moved my system from my living room into my bedroom. The bass was finally full and...
  14. B

Thanks for the responses guys! I will look into a subwoofer before thinking of upgrading amplification. My room isn't very large btw so I'll defiantly check out the Kube 8b
  15. B

I'm currently running my Elac dbr from a 50w Audiolab 6000a. It sounds ok but I feel like the speaker is struggling to play bass notes properly so I wanted to try out a more powerful amp. My budget is around £500 (less is, of course, definitely better). My current options are: AUDIOPHONICS...
Top Bottom