Recent content by bevok

1. B

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Do I need four pairs of IEMs? Of course not but I’m curious, I got the Crinicle Red for enjoyment but also to check out that tuning/curve, however for me its a bit bass light, thinking this should be perfect (love the K371). Hate to say it but AirPods Pro 2 are still my reference for ideal sound...
  2. B

Favorite Dolby Atmos (or spatial audio) albums

I completely agree, but curse you for waxing about the Era 300's which I'd convinced myself wouldn't be a worthwhile upgrade as rear surrounds (over Sonos Ones). I have a 30% off upgrade credit that expires in a few days . . . It really amuses me all the audiophiles that completely dismiss an...
  3. B

Really enjoying the Atmos treatment of “Band on the Run”, Jet in particular really benefits from having some of the elements pulled apart slightly or perhaps just heard with different emphasis (listening on IEMs thus far).
  4. B

What are we listening to right now..

Listening again to Future Islands "People Who Aren't There Anymore", what a superb album, great melodic electronic and some nice sonics for the audiophiles. Qobuz: https://open.qobuz.com/album/kgq7od9pf5g4a Others: https://songwhip.com/future-islands/people-who-arent-there-anymore
  5. B

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

I had been thinking of getting the Polk Reserve Atmos pack as a good value surround system that seems to measure well/sound good (the towers at least) but these are even cheaper (almost NZ$2k less) and look pretty darn good. Will have to take a listen and see if that treble is enough to annoy.
  6. B

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Yes it would be interesting, I’ve had them for quite a few months and was surprised by the comments about build and fit, almost waiting for mine to disintegrate! Hopefully I have the new build. Where was the break point in the headband? The cable issue is a pain, I managed to find a third party...
  7. B

Spotify and Qobuz difference

It was doing abx tests in Foobar of mp3s and Flac files that made me a lot more cautious about differences in sound, and also very cynical about things like headphone reviewers talking about 'technicalities' etc. One of the easiest ways to test the limits of perception.
  8. B

Sony WH-1000XM5 - best DAC / AMP?

The XM5's use their own amplifier and DAC when in noise cancelling mode (due to the DSP required) and there is no way to bypass this (different story using them in non ANC mode with 3.5mm input).
  9. B

I must have slim glasses (or am just cloth-eared) as I didn’t notice much difference if any.
  10. B

What were you listening to out of curiosity? I haven’t been disappointed with the bass but will now be comparing with glasses off!
  11. B

Taking a moment from obsessive listening of Peter Gabriel’s I/O to listen to a CD I dusted off from in the garage (ripped and playing via Plex on Sonos Arc + surrounds) English Chamber Orchestra/Michael Tilson Thomas - Beethoven Symphony No. 9 ‘Choral’ My first version of this wonderful...
  12. B

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Thanks, I love the Sixteen but haven’t come across that one. Really enjoying this recording of the Organ Symphony no. 3 recommended in Gramophone, had to buy a cd of it off Discogs. Jane Parker-Smith with the London Philharmonic. The third movement has a wonderful low note at 5 minutes which...
  13. B

It’s had a fair bit of publicity but the new Atmos mixes on the Beatles compilation 1962-1966 (out today) sound incredible. I think the early tracks retain their punch but there are so many elements that stand out to me, and I like the centred vocals. The lead guitars sound beautiful, amazing...
  14. B

Revisiting this great album The Killers - Pressure Machine (2021)
  15. B

Really good album! Out of interest how are you generating the 'now playing' screen? I've been enjoying Australian folk/rock band The Paper Kite's new album At The Roadhouse. Quite a bit of variety, turn up "Black & Thunder" and see what you think.
Top Bottom