Recent content by beren777

1. B

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

If there wasn't an audible difference, why were they using AKM DACs in the first place? If it's pure marketing hype with no perceived increase in performance, ASR should start explicitly marking in graphs the point at which the differences are no longer relevant.
  2. B

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

The quote from March Audio in post #2 wasn't asking the owner to tighten anything in hopes of solving a problem. By my reading, Alan was curious whether the owner had tightened them already and that doing so might cause a problem. We don't know that it left March Audio in that state, but I...
  3. B

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

For reference, quoting Irisbo from diyaudio: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/exploring-purifi-woofer-speaker-builds.352063/post-7058058 "frame-motor resonance: this is a generic thing for all electrodynamic drivers. there is a heavy motor hanging in the frame which is bolted to a...
  4. B

I have assembled, dismantled, and tested a loudspeaker on two occasions, both very poorly in terms of woodworking, painting, testing method, and basic application of wood glue. Purifi is on record stating there is an issue with the driver. The manner in which the woofer is secured to the...
  5. B

We don't know what they were at the time you received the speakers. We don't know what they are supposed to be. We don't know what they were after you tightened them as tight as you could (along with other modifications). Normally this could be seen as nitpicking, but it's relevant to this...
  6. B

I don't see the torque measurements. I see frequency measurements made after tightening the bolts to an unknown value. If I missed the actual torque measurements, I apologize. What was the torque of the woofer bolts for Sample A and Sample B as originally received by you?
  7. B

Less axe grinding from all would be nice. The title of this thread itself is antagonistic and suggests bias. I believe the reviewer could have done more to validate certain claims, especially where third parties like Purifi and Erin were involved, before publishing. I also believe the reviewer...
  8. B

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I agree that ASR should put a large warning notice at the top of the impacted Denon reviews to warn readers that the DACs have changed, and that the results in the review do not apply to the revised models.
  9. B

From Revel M105 to M126Be

FWIW, my listening room stack in a similar small room: Revel M126Be (open box purchase from a dealer, you should be able to find a dealer who can provide a good deal on new vs retail cost) SVS SB-3000, probably going to sell it, barely use it MiniDSP SHD (MiniDSP Flex + Dirac license probably a...
  10. B

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/exploring-purifi-woofer-speaker-builds.352063/post-7058058
  11. B

My main concern, if I were in the market for Sointuvas, would be warranty support. If the product needs to be serviced and you have to send it half a world away (assuming you're in the US/Canada), are you going to be content with the amount of time involved? If you're in Aussieland, it seems...
  12. B

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

The 60% off deals are back on 590's at Harman's site.
  13. B

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?help/terms/ contains no mention of monetization. If it's a bright line, shouldn't it be specifically defined along with guidelines? Am I at risk of a ban if I post a Youtube link because I might be accidentally helping someone else monetize ASR?
  14. B

From Revel M105 to M126Be

I went from a pair of M106's to M126Be's and have been happy with them in a small room. At this point I am not applying room EQ to them. I bought open box instead of full retail. There's no way I could afford to pay MSRP for them. You should first try to identify what you don't like about...
Top Bottom