Recent content by bennybbbx

1. B

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

you should keep in mind that the SNR measure you see in this test is at +4 db studio level correct ?. Hifi Cinch level is -10 db this mean you need reduce 14 db from the SNR see in this test. So you get lower SNR for the tracks as with other hifi equipment. also you should keep in mind, when...
  2. B

Looking for in-ear measurement microphones for customized HRTF

yes 7 mm is too large and is not usefull because it is much outside ear canal and can cause damage in ear skin. the ear skin is very thin and there is very few distance to ear bone. a damage cause long healing and much pain. The smallest i see are MEMS microphones. it have 3x4 mm in size...
  3. B

AKG K240 55 Ohm Review (Headphone)

it happen mostly that some songs that give on HIFI Headphones with own "Character" a WOW sound feeling that many other songs sound worser. I hear that on youtube songs too. When use a headphone or speaker that is linear much more songs you think sound great. It is always good to have a headphone...
  4. B

Looking for in-ear measurement microphones for customized HRTF

is there any progress with that ? . I also like see how the FR look with my own auricle . I not trust omnidirectional measure microphones for room measurements. this seem logic because at higher frequencies the auricle is more directive and so filter out room reflections so room modes are...
  5. B

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

I think @amirm can try 1 test(I mean not all speaker tests) how the spectral decay change depend on volume the measure is. same speaker at 80 db 86 db 96 db 105 db spectral decay show. My guess is it change alot. normal foam below is too soft, can cause resonances too . melamin is stronger as...
  6. B

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

the step response of this JBL show also time align error. You can verify with this test that step response really show usefull time align . measure a speaker with microphone at woofer height at 50 cm distance and another measure at tweeter height or above. in 2. measure the time the signal need...
  7. B

in your linked test i can only hear 0.5 db but this is a diffrent test. the situation i mean is 0.2 db more or less tweeter treble in music . this can more clear hear as only a sine tone. you can use a eq and try a shelving filter 0.2 db. at 2 khz. this can much hear in music. mostly on...
  8. B

normally same 2 dsp amps with same dsp firmware have same latency. out of sync they can only 1 sample maximum which is 0.021ms . or 21 µsec 1/48 khz with analog input. you can test if you can hear delay of 21 µsec between left and right channel. i hear that not. I think i hear 42 µsec but not so...
  9. B

can this not all people hear when from crossover at 2 khz upto 15 khz it is 0.2 louder ? . should i do a testsong for abx compare ?or maybe it can more hear because the phase behaviour in crossover range change a little when tweeter is louder. maybe the amp i use is verry worse but when use...
  10. B

if you use 2 diffrent analog amps can make trouble. because it happen that 1 amp bring when it is cold -0.2 db less level with same input than other. thats hearable. I get this problem when i use my ribbon tweeter with 15 $ class d amp(with singnal is input analog) on top of kali or jbl...
  11. B

with 2 t.racks same model delay of both models should same normaly when you use same firmware version. it is possible that maybe diffrent hardware versions when you buy longer time ago. but this is no problem because you can for each output channel set a delay in step of 1/48k sample . thats...
  12. B

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

What really impress is the low resonance in the cumulative spectral decay for such a big speaker . it is a closed speaker. I buy and keep a yamaha hs 5 this have less bass resonances as my other speakers and it sound best i have in bass clarity but it is open too. how the resonances sound can...
  13. B

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

at 86 db it have very few bass distortion and show only few resonances in the waterfall(i assume this waterfall is with 86 db ?) . When 2 speakers in stereosystem used level is then 92 db and then in hear damage region. most speakers have at low bass more distortion and more resonances at 86 db...
  14. B

Are your ears in phase? How to check and fix a phase mismatch (improving stereo image)

this sine gen 2.1 shift the phase between left and right channel. you can reach the effect with a delay or use rephase but only for left or right channel . when do phase shifts on both channel and 1 sine nothing can hear. here is a video with delay and here is a thread...
  15. B

Are your ears in phase? How to check and fix a phase mismatch (improving stereo image)

I test with 440 hz tone, I can hear with phase set to 2 that it come little outside mid 1 degree i hear no diffrence clear. with 100 degree it sound full right with -100 degree it sound full left. with more degree - it give strange feeling in ear and sound some kind of spacy. the tone come...
Top Bottom