Recent content by beeface

1. beeface

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Why would I want a 1 bit DAC when most audio is 16 bit or even 24 bit?
  2. beeface

Stereophile and Audio Cables

There are many definitions of intelligence. One could argue that creative people like artists are very intelligent, and at that point I'd question the importance of logic in the arts.
  3. beeface

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Sounds like you’re describing Jordan Petersen tbh. But I digress
  4. beeface

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

IIRC Bourdain dedicated roughly an entire chapter of “Kitchen Confidential” to explaining why opening a restaurant is a bad idea Owning a small business - especially a restaurant - is often romanticised. And to some extent I get it. Follow your dreams, be your own boss, etc etc Although I’m...
  5. beeface

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

This idea of sinking my own money into a hi fi shop makes my stomach turn into knots tbh
  6. beeface

Extreme Snake Oil

This cannot be real People don't actually pay money for stuff like this ...surely?
  7. beeface

Onix Eclipse turntable

Exactly, it makes the expensive belt drive turntables look a bit silly
  8. beeface

Onix Eclipse turntable

I think this is where we're at with turntables "Just buy a Technics"
  9. beeface

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

One of my favourite things about James "Daddy Hoff" Hoffmann is how he manages to get the best out of a certain brewing method For a while I used his French press/plunger method, and it made genuinely delicious coffee
  10. beeface

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I agree with your wife. Cmon man, just get rid of it if you’re not using it
  11. beeface

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Great review, I hope we get to see more Yamaha integrateds and receivers reviewed, it would be cool to know if there's a point of diminishing returns in the model lineup Regarding radio: I'm lucky to live somewhere that still has excellent FM and AM radio stations, so I still tune in (usually...
  12. beeface

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

sorry, I meant to say yes
  13. beeface

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Are you willing to concede it could be 99.9%?
Top Bottom