Recent content by bede

1. B

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

For the record my C200 is working perfectly through my monitor’s built in USB dock. Which means single cable connection to my monitor, providing charging and audio through the C200
  2. B

Interesting. I’ve not noticed this but will see if I can replicate.
  3. B

My C200 has arrived after much deliberation and poring over these excellent reviews. Thanks! I'm wondering whether I can connect the C200 through a Thunderbolt hub to my macbook without introducing major issues. This would mean the DAC sharing the 40Gbps TB4 connection with a 18Gbps 4k60...
  4. B

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

They arrived yesterday and I've only taken one out of the box for a hiss test since I have a work deadline bearing down on me. The hiss is indeed much quieter than the RP7 G4s I returned and I've no concerns about them from 10 mins of listening. I don't have much controlled KRK listening time in...
  5. B

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Some of these Chinese manfacturers certainly seem to struggle with their USB type C implementations, which is a pity. Agree that B maximises compatibility. I've been wondering about USB-C bus powered DACs – are they potentially problematic from an earthing perspective? Lots of laptop power...
  6. B

Hiss List (S&R)

Ordered! Thanks for the recommendation. Ideal for my needs on paper. Edit: The V2s, of course!
  7. B

Agreed. Both of my RP7s have identical, loud hiss, completely unaffected by the selected gain. Perhaps the factory is throwing together amp batches from whatever components they can source. Classic COVID era electronics manufacture. Interestingly, the power switch in one of my RP7s needed a...
  8. B

Sound advice, thank you, although I would worry about the nearest road interfering with measurements unless doing so during the small hours. Is it possible to easily high pass filter such measurements with an app in order only to catch tweeter hiss?
  9. B

Hiss List (S&R)

Sorry – yes it isn't in the list and I appreciate that I'm extrapolating wildly from different KRK models to the RP7 G4. Thanks for these great recommendations. By shattering my 8030C dream you have saved me a great deal of cash.
  10. B

Hiss List (S&R)

I'm being driven mad by my new KRK RP7 G4s, which surely must be worse than the numbers in this list suggest. I can hear the hiss >3m away without a source connected in a house near a road. They're going back but I've no idea what to replace them with. I'm wondering whether to take the refund...
  11. B

Question re monitor pops (especially if you own a G4 KRK)

I found this thread after being frankly horrified by the hiss from my pair of RP7 G4. I can easily hear it at 3m, and my hearing is average. I find it hard to believe that the hiss list values are reprensentative and that KRK is mid pack, maybe it's an amplifier batch issue?
  12. B

Hi! My first post after many, many hours of reading since discovering this objective goldmine. My RP7 G4s (one size up from RP5s in this thread) recently arrived and I am horrified by the extent of hiss even without a source connected. I live in a city with a high noise floor and yet can hear...
Top Bottom