Recent content by Beave

1. B

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

Yep, it's spam. I reported it. @AudioJester please delete your post that quotes the spammer. His post will be deleted as soon as the mods see it.
  2. B

JBL Studio 630 and Studio 698 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Oh, I missed that entirely. Sorry! :facepalm: Why are you testing and measuring different caps there?
  3. B

And now I notice that the picture I posted yesterday shows a 6uF 100V cap for C5, whereas the pics posted today for dan's crossover show a 5.6uF 250V cap there. The 5.6uF 250V cap is larger and that is part of why it doesn't fit the allocated space well (although the neighboring inductor is...
  4. B

Exactly. Those green islands ARE the traces. They are much thicker than the little lines you often see on circuit boards because there is a lot more current (amps) going through them than in, for example, the traces between a CPU and memory chips, where the current is milli-amps or even...
  5. B

D'oh!! I completely forgot that you had posted that.
  6. B

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

Objectively, they're both really good speakers. So whichever one you prefer is perfectly fine. There is no wrong answer.
  7. B

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

How are you switching back and forth between the two pairs? And are you doing any level matching to account for the HDI-1600s being about 3-4dB louder?
  8. B

Oh, you have it pulled already? And the back doesn't show any traces? Can you share a pic of the back side? If you have a multimeter, you could trace it out by looking at where each component connects to the next one.
  9. B

Studio 630 crossover picture from https://hi-fi.com.pl/testy/kolumny/6248-jbl-studio-630.html It's not easy at all to figure out the schematic based on this picture.
  10. B

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Best wishes for a smooth and full recovery.
  11. B

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Once again, JA's measurement technique causes confusion, even though the review text clearly states: "The rise in response in the upper bass will mainly be due to the nearfield measurement technique, but the Moab Be's low-frequency alignment does appear somewhat under-damped."...
  12. B

BMR dispersion

We need to distinguish between the dispersion of the driver and the dispersion of the driver in a speaker that has other drivers (especially one with two BMR drivers). The dispersion of a BMR driver is symmetric around any and all axes. Just look at the driver - it's symmetric. Rotating it...
  13. B

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Even when your tablet is in the kitchen!
  14. B

Tablet recommendation

@Megaken and @Chazz6 You're responding to a spammer. Read their post more closely (they hid spam in the post they quoted).
  15. B

1 foot solid silver conductor interconnect vs. 0.5 foot Mogami W2964 interconnect

Skin effect is a real thing. But it only matters at frequencies far, far above the audio range.
Top Bottom