Recent content by Beave

1. B

Gene goes off on ASR

There's a thread discussing this video already in progress: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-audiophile-snobbery-ruining-our-hobby.34223/
  2. B

ASR burning the wrong witches?

So how does that explain the 4 month window in which you were active on both accounts?
  3. B

Well, I'm not entirely sure, given that you have two different user names here, @escksu :rolleyes:
  4. B

By using the principles of electrical engineering.
  5. B

WADAX: R Harley trying to explain a $220k streamer and DAC price….

Good that you tried to level match, but 1dB is far too much. For DACs, which are generally flat to within about 0.1-0.2dB, even 0.5dB level-matching isn't quite good enough. 0.5 db differences in level are just enough for many people to notice a difference. DACs can often be level-matched to...
  6. B

Manipulating the rise time, fall time, etc of the raw bit stream does not amount to a tone control. If anything, it would only improve (or worsen) the bit error rate at the receiving end. Yes, it could also affect jitter, but it would have to be really bad (not good) to induce so much jitter...
  7. B

I spent 17 years as an EE, implementing and testing DACs. There are others here who are EEs experienced in digital and/or analog. I can't think of *anything* that this product *could* do that would justify its existence (other than to take money from wealthy gullible folks).
  8. B

Did you remember to level-match when you did these comparisons? If not, it's certainly possible to pick one DAC from another in a blind test, or even in a non-blind test.
  9. B

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Let me guess. Not level matched, not double blinded, and you heard a difference. Try it again with proper controls.
  10. B

You replied to a post about speaker cables. This review was about balanced interconnects, not speaker cables. The measurements in this "article" are not the same as the measurements Amir has done for speaker cables.
  11. B

Yes, they would. Amir measured several speaker cables a few years ago. As part of those measurements, he measured resistance. Resistance varied with gauge, as expected.
  12. B

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

I may have to re-think my position on using toilet paper in audiophile setups. According to that commercial, one can "See, Feel, and Hear the Difference" with the new Charmin! So maybe they did have audiophiles in mind when they created it!?!? Nasty side note: Hear the difference? In toilet...
  13. B

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Didn't that person ever hear the sage advice "Don't Squeeze the Charmin?!?!?!"
  14. B

Philharmonic BMR Monitor Semi-Objective Review - Road Show Stop 1

They are. That's why a single "in-room frequency response measurement" doesn't tell us a whole lot about how a speaker sounds to us. Even when EQ'd to be the same, the ratio of direct to reflected sound will be different for the two tweeters, and the reflected sound itself will be different...
  15. B

KEF Reference 1 META Bookshelf Speaker Review by Erin's Audio Corner

From the front, the Ref cones have about double the number of "ribs" compared to the R cones. From the back, as jhaider wrote, the magnets are completely different.
Top Bottom