Recent content by bearcatsandor

1. bearcatsandor

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Nah. I'd be using it as a portable dac/amp for my Stealths, but I wanted something that I could connect to studio equipment. Most monitoring headphone sections won't have the juice to run a pair of Sealths well.
  2. bearcatsandor

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

The click isn't in your headphones, it's in the unit itself. It's a very gentle click. My keyboard is louder than it. It also gives a little bit of tactile feedback, which is nice.
  3. bearcatsandor

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

If I have a cable with a 1/4" headphone jack at both ends, can I plug one end into a mixing console, and one end into the aux input of the G5 to amplify the signal to a pair of DCA Stealths?
  4. bearcatsandor

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Send me a DM, so that we don't derail this crazy [train] thread. I'm always happy to recommend my favorites.
  5. bearcatsandor

She's made a few. I have 64 of her albums. She's by far my favorite artist.
  6. bearcatsandor

No wait. Now I know what the M-scaler is doing, and it's brilliant! It has an advanced AI that knows what music I am playing and tracks my emotional state. When I'm playing a Yoko Kanno piece that brings tears to my eyes because I love it or I'm playing a modern country song that makes me angry...
  7. bearcatsandor

L70 or A90

Isn't it though? I love that feedback.
  8. bearcatsandor

I was really tired yesterday, so who know. I'll keep an ear on it.
  9. bearcatsandor

Mine is doing something strange. I tend to listen at lower volumes, so I don't actually know when the volume started going weird. At -40.0 the soundstage is centered. From -40.5 through -30 it seems to shift left as I adjust the volume then goes back to center after -30. I think. It's driving...
  10. bearcatsandor

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Ok, so just before the D70 pro/A70 pro came out I'd bought the D70/E70 stack. Aside from the cool display, what am I missing out on?
  11. bearcatsandor

The first one is easy to determine. Sit quietly in a room, with your back straight in a comfortable wooden chair with the air conditioner going so that your room is exactly 10C. Make sure that your equipment has wooden side panels as this can effect reflections in a way that aluminum can't. All...
  12. bearcatsandor

DCA CORINA Announced (New Electrostatic Headphone)

Truth. The amp cost adds a lot to the price from what I've seen. I have yet to see an electrostatic amp that meets the price/performance of my Topping D70/E70 stack.
Top Bottom