Recent content by Bear123

1. Bear123

Revel F36 tower speakers $1350

Another bump, still for sale, zip is now 17603.
  2. Bear123

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Here is an example of what I would buy with $3k USD: Bose QC35 II: $299..I mean, these are for "on the go", maybe in a noisy environment, noise cancellation FTW? FXAIX: $2701 :)
  3. Bear123

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

Yes but a big difference is that they don't pay $3,295 for the crappy manual mower while exclaiming how much better it performs :facepalm:
  4. Bear123

Denon AVR-X3500H AVR Review

I believe that, unless you listen above reference level, the DAC performance will be audibly the same as the 3600, 3700, or really any other modern, competently designed DAC. The 3400's DAC SINAD drops when delivering a very high voltage from the pre-out, so it also depends on which external...
  5. Bear123

All in one bass management for multiple subs with minimal setup?

Cheapest Denon AVR that has XT32 and SubEqHT? I bought mine for $599 a few years ago brand new when it was the previous years model. Does a great job on dual subs, and speakers for that matter. Even allows adjustment of the frequency range that you want to eq your speakers i.e. below 300 Hz...
  6. Bear123

Revel F36 tower speakers $1350

Pair of mint condition Revel F36 speakers. MSRP $2200+tax. Selling for $1350 with all original packaging. These are the slightly bigger brother to the F35 tested here on ASR. Local pickup 15401 will consider driving to meet.
  7. Bear123

Pair of Rythmik FV15HP2

I have a pair of Rythmik FV15HP2. They have been factory upgraded from 600 watt amp to 900 watt Hypex HX1000XLR3 amplifiers. The drivers have also been factory upgraded to handle the extra power….so these are basically prototype FV15HP2. Expect about +1.5dB from standard FV15HP. Standard...
  8. Bear123

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

Remember that if Audyseey was run on speakers crossed at 40 Hz, or even 80 Hz, there will be *at least* 3-6 db of boost applied below 300 Hz. This will of course double or quadruple power requirement so reference level listening is actually calling for 3-6 dB above reference once eq is factored in.
  9. Bear123

SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer (announced)

I think the 3000 micro is a great product for the right application.
  10. Bear123

SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer (announced)

Frequency is determined by how fast the woofer moves. The signal sent to the woofer tells the woofer what frequency to play, which in turn determines how fast the woofer moves. It moves faster for higher frequencies, and slower for lower frequencies. That's why subjective audiophile...
  11. Bear123

Revel Concerta2 C25 Review (Center Speaker)

Sub response does look really good…..thought I saw a scary graph in an earlier post showing poor extension and response but it seems that placement indeed works quite well for you. Nice!
  12. Bear123

I had this center channel and sold it. Replaced it with Infinity RC263 for $149. The C25 does have lower distortion as measured in my room, but only up to the point where the C25 runs out of capability. The RC263 will play louder with less distortion past the point where the C25 gives out...
  13. Bear123

I suspect better sub placement would help significantly. Have you tried front left corner and rear right corner? Symmetrical front stage placement(for looks I assume?) is not giving you any benefit of dual subs other than a bit more output.
  14. Bear123

Emotiva Airmotiv C2+ Center Channel Speaker (review by Erin)

Seems like even if Emotiva *REALLY* wanted to use two mids, they could eliminate the *enormous* trim rings around the drivers and push the mids much closer together. Same with the woofers….seems like they could easily be placed 6"+ closer together. Seems like an easy way to get a much better...
Top Bottom