Recent content by beagleman

1. B

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

Send them in for a "spin" if you are that confident! Seriously, having owned several speakers from the 1960s decade, MOST choices were not for good acoustics, but simply random choices. I can tell you a DOZEN things they did not consider back then. Usually just random chance.
  2. B

GR Research Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade Review (speaker)

I think your choice of wording comes out sounding a "tad" unrealistic. I am NO fan of Klipsch at all, nor of Danny R., but in stock form the Klipsch are far from "Terrible" but are merely okay/flawed. If you set this speaker as your indicator of terrible, that means you have not heard the...
  3. B

Sounds like some have no idea what bad sound truly is.....lol Everything to them is great or terrible. There are speakers FAR more flawed than this klipsch. In fact, I would call it okay/good in stock form. Far from horrible.
  4. B

Terrible?? Flawed, maybe.....but I would not say terrible.
  5. B

Yeah just found a pic of it.....Changed my post.....my bad...lol
  6. B

I would love to see the component values in the new crossover. 2 caps, 2 coils and 2 resistors, I would imagine. Think I could beat the $244.00 price with some well thought out price saving components. Dayton audio anyone?
  7. B

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

But if I understand correctly, Sample B did not have the distortion issue? Meaning the binding post "sealing issue", may have been, or not have been the issue all along?
  8. B

There are several inter-related things here. Adding the damping "Could appear" to solve the issue Pete, but also the removal OF the driver and reassembly could change vibrations and resonances also. Just the process of taking things apart, COULD account for changes. The true test of proof...
  9. B

Never make generalizations or blanket statements. (Based on, having bought MANY retail made industrial design products And despite having flaws, that USUALLY I fix myself, or just live with)
  10. B

Nice to read a view from the manufacturer. Not to diss on the O.P., but this does make one consider how seeing one view can blind one to a different view. Many of the points addressed, seem to be viable or possible for sure. Quite interesting to see, that possibly some conclusions were a bit...
  11. B

You MUST pre-drill. ;) I hate MDF as you do, but find it cheap, relatively resonance free, but would prefer to use Plywood for its easy workability and screws seem "easier" to install and remove and so on. A big plus if one takes a driver out often, which I tend to do at times.
  12. B

((I realize this is a very volatile thread, so I will not reply with my usual snark and humor and so on.)) But quality control issues, and mistakes are part of all manufacturing, Pro level, retail level and diy. I have seen diy products that are better made than many retail offerings, and...
  13. B

Grimani Systems Rixos-L Review (Active DSP Speaker)

I skimmed the video, and WILL agree some great information and yes you make some very valid points! I was somewhat playing the Devil's Advocate with my earlier comments. I guess my comments are based, NOT on bashing this set up or thinking it is not great, but more on, me being quite "Cheap"...
  14. B

Sorry, I was talking about the Speaker portion only. My numbers were based on what the drivers would cost retail for you and I. Buying in bulk or for production, usually the cost of raw parts is far less actually. I get there is a lot of cost involved in labor and so on.
  15. B

Better job, meaning what exactly? Sounding better, probably not. Could I design a box with 2 pro woofers and a high frequency driver, that is fairly close to this? Could I find plans online for a DIY version of something quite similar to this for FAR less money.? A lot of the price is the...
Top Bottom