Recent content by beagleman

1. B

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Honestly loved seeing this review! I too first thought, "Another?" But I find another view actually helps and explains things differently. There is enough differentiation to make this quite worthwhile. A pleasant surprise. The distortion graphs alone make it worth the price of admission, and add...
  2. B

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I have listened to many large speakers, where owners claimed they did not "Need" a sub, but in literally almost every case, I found their definition on "Not needing" one, to not be the same as mine. My 2 relatively mid priced Velodyne CT-120s, from many years ago, STILL had noticeably better...
  3. B

Ehh, not so sure. The thing about AVRs being way too weak to play 4 ohm speakers is partially true, but not completely. I have run SEVERAL 4 ohm speakers, albeit in mostly 2 channel mode or 2.1 and there was ZERO issue, as long as one was within the limits of its actual power. A dedicated...
  4. B

Used to own that exact speaker years ago, after getting a great Demo speaker deal. Great in some ways, and memorable looks wise, but a very tough load impedance wise..
  5. B

@amirm Great review, Great speaker, and even find the value to be fairly good for how great the performance is! Only thing I found missing, was a comparison to your Revel speakers
  6. B

Review of Mission 770

okay, "mid sized".....sorta. My point was, it just seems to be very expensive for what it is. Nothing wrong with it and its a good speaker for sure, but just not a great value.
  7. B

Review of Mission 770

WOW, I mean it looks great, but I just can not even imagine spending $2,000 on ANY speaker with only a 6.5" woofer and tweeter, in a small box. I think they priced themselves out of what maybe 90% of people feel a small speaker this size is worth, for what little you are getting.
  8. B

Does Anything Surpass The JBL STAGE A130's?

Likely no, but FOR SURE, his wife could hear the change from the Kitchen, even when doing dishes.
  9. B

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Ya know, in "Real life" I do not think I have ever heard anyone proclaim "If I could just find an amp with at least 100db SINAD!!" I think "most" consumers of audio devices, are looking at mostly Functionality, Cost, looks and maybe size and so on, not necessarily in THAT order. The...
  10. B

Klipsch rp-600M II reviews

The one issue with using a 300Hz-3000Hz range for specified sensitivity, is an artificial inflation of just that range in comparison to the bass from about 100Hz and below. So the bass in the above mentioned range is about 3db or so less than the 300-3kHz range, resulting in a less realistic...
  11. B

New Open Baffle Speaker from Clayton Shaw

Baffle "Peaking" is a 6db boost in response due to the front and rear waves combining and adding together due to being in phase with each other. Below the Peaking frequency and that boost, the response will naturally be out of phase and cancel with a resultant roll off of bass frequencies.
  12. B

When building my "Semi" open baffle speakers....only the mids were open to the back, found Paul's information quite valuable and easy to understand..... https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/dipole-and-open-baffle/diy-sunflowers "When I went back and re-measured the raw drivers to create...
  13. B

Open Baffle speakers seem to attract many users/"Designers" that DO simply throw some quite big efficient woofers and a tweeter on a chunk of wood, sadly. While anyone is free to do what they want, I draw the line, when they claim how great they sound, despite no measurements, no understanding...
  14. B

I rewatched the video, and see where he showed the crossover and bragged about how there are only a few components used......To me, a Red Flag.:facepalm: I could be entirely wrong, but with my knowledge of DIY speakers and Open Baffle speakers, it is somewhat questionable to me as to how a...
  15. B

https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/dipole-and-open-baffle/diy-sunflowers Made this one several years ago, and it was designed with actual good sound in mind. Not a FULL open baffle but still in the spirit of this thread I hope. And it also addresses the one point I was making, about...
Top Bottom