Recent content by BDWoody

1. BDWoody

They say speaker cables do not matter ..

We're in dead horse territory. This is all well covered ground. Let's call it a day in this thread before it gets even more troll-y.
  2. BDWoody

First it has to be shown it can be reliably heard/identified. That means controls and all that boring stuff. Until then it's all part of the audio buzzword bingo game.
  3. BDWoody

Passive Speaker That Is Most Revealing Under 1000 USD

To avoid the exact issue you state, I would suggest you start a new thread that gets suggestions on the best way to do it, and documents the process for future generations. You'll get lots of sincere help, and it will likely be followed by many. Typically a multimeter would be used to...
  4. BDWoody

Passive Speaker That Is Most Revealing Under 1000 USD

I believe a .1 db match is what you're looking for. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/if-tube-sound-is-a-myth-why-tubes.8656/page-24#post-550116 https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/if-tube-sound-is-a-myth-why-tubes.8656/page-22#post-548462 This...
  5. BDWoody

Sure he does... At least he says it rather convincingly. Seems like it would be easy to demonstrate it with a properly controlled blind test. Especially given how obvious it is and all... Edit: If it can be heard, it can be measured. So far, there is zero actual evidence otherwise, despite...
  6. BDWoody

Denon AVR-X2700H

You do testing there in Bhopal? If you are representing a company, please let us know so we can give you an appropriate designation.
  7. BDWoody

Some Help with First DAC/amp/HP Please

Welcome! Salespeople at Hi-Fi shops have a different motivation than you do. At least it sounds like he wasn't pushing fancy interconnects... I'd say start with good headphones/speakers, and fill in with any appropriately powered/capable electronics built within the last 10 years or so and...
  8. BDWoody

Why can I hear a difference between 32bit 384khz and 24bit 44.1khz?

Which of those two groups are you in? We have quite a few in the first category about the place, so those in the second sometimes have a hard time here.
  9. BDWoody

Please welcome BDWoody as our new moderator!

Yes, the very same. Fascinating lady... Speaks 5 languages, still travels the world for Steinway, and was happy to share some incredible stories from behind the curtain of that world. She invited me to just enter her studio whenever I heard her (or the two of them) playing...really was...
  10. BDWoody

Why can I hear a difference between 32bit 384khz and 24bit 44.1khz?

That's pretty much all it is. People seem to like stories.
  11. BDWoody

You can plug a CCA into anything...I thought everyone knew that. I only run caffeinated beans, and it handles them just fine. Or do you mean MY jitter after all that coffee? ;) Actually, my month in the Airbnb was quite OK, other than the sick cat thing I mean. It was a separate apartment...
  12. BDWoody

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Nice! I hope your exhaust fan was the kind that vents outside...?
  13. BDWoody

Thank you! It has been a draining spell, but things are settled enough that I can actually plan to be around and back into the flow. The move from hell and other issues all combined to a perfect storm of WTF, but I was missing the place too much to stay away any longer! I've got a bit more...
  14. BDWoody

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Have you ever watched (smelled/heard) them actually do the roasting? It's a smoky, smelly process, but very interesting as a lot of chemistry is going on... First crack, second crack, deciding when to stop the roast...worth experiencing for a coffee lover. I'll have to send a note and ask if...
Top Bottom