Recent content by BDWoody

1. BDWoody

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

I think they went to the gardiner as an incentive to stay.
  2. BDWoody

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

I know I will very much miss him as a uniquely skilled moderator, but hope he will become part of the 'civilian' world and keeps posting. Probably after a bit of a 'vacation'! Either way, thanks @Thomas savage . Your presence here will be greatly missed. Cheers.
  3. BDWoody

Recommendation for MOST DETAILED, ANALYTICAL, X-RAY - 3D HOLOGRAPHIC DAC available?

I suspect all DAC's will sound different to you if you don't compare them with proper controls. Sources varied, but none have ever induced any kind of audible jitter. I don't believe those products do anything but take money from those who don't know better. Just like esoteric cables, power...
  4. BDWoody

Trying to understand this

Amen. P.S: And the room... A little treatment can go a long way.
  5. BDWoody

Tube amp recommendation for Niles SVL-6 + Titan v1's

Nice unexpected score! Don't be too quick to dismiss those old Titans... My brother is still using my old Titans in a 2.0 channel TV setup, and I am still impressed with how good those little speakers sound. I went from them to several other paradigm speakers, and still have a pair of Studio...
  6. BDWoody

Magnepans and Amplifier Current

You could always tell who had the fast computers in college based on the speed of the solitaire animation. I was always glad I upgraded to the 40 MB Hard drive. All that extra storage was so handy.
  7. BDWoody

Recommendation for MOST DETAILED, ANALYTICAL, X-RAY - 3D HOLOGRAPHIC DAC available?

Isn't it plugged into it's power supply during testing? What is this output stage you keep referring to that isn't already measured? And what is the etc. that is slipping through?
  8. BDWoody

Best AV Processor under $3k? Lexicon MC-10, Anthem AVM 60, or something else?

Depends on how hard I shake them, and what's loose inside... Of course I don't believe they do... Some aren't very well designed, and get in the way of a clean signal. If you are asking if I think there is hidden Woo that can't be measured, the answer is no. If you can hear it, you can...
  9. BDWoody

What does that even mean? These aren't measurements of the chip, they are at the analog output, after whatever circuits there may be.
  10. BDWoody

I do, but only when I've got something level matched and don't know the source, otherwise I'm just as fallible as everyone else who is subject to bias. What I don't trust is anyone's ears when they are reporting an uncontrolled purely subjective experience. If I can't hear what exactly? The...
  11. BDWoody

Nobody is offended, some of us can sometimes be a bit overprotective of our snake oil free oasis... Likewise, sorry if it came across more aggressively than needed. Cheers.
  12. BDWoody

And most of us are here for the same reason. One of the primary reasons this site exists, is to challenge the accepted 'audiophile' myths so we aren't wasting time or money chasing the latest and greatest, or most recent often outrageous claim of where sound improvement comes from. Digital...
  13. BDWoody

This is a science forum, where we challenge these types of claims, not support them with no reason to other than your say so. If you can't measure a difference between the broken in one and the non broken in one, how do you know when it's broken in enough? If you can scrape up anything from...
  14. BDWoody

:facepalm: Because it's nonsense. Doesn't show up in measurements? You can't be serious...
Top Bottom